Home Technical Talk

psd tga, etc. preview in vista 64-bit

Replies

• gaganjain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PolyHertz wrote: »
    gaganjain: well it locks them in the sense that the files cant be moved or deleted. Tried updating to the newest version with no change too.
    Just check no such issues while moving or deleting.:)
    You can try uninstalling and then restart then install fresh copy might help :D
  • carlo_c
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ahh thank you, as everyone has said this is working fine on vista x64.

Finally, thumbnails again! :)
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Yep new installer works fine now on XP64. Cheers! :D
  • mysticcoder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PolyHertz wrote: »
    gaganjain: well it locks them in the sense that the files cant be moved or deleted. Tried updating to the newest version with no change too.

The current v1.5 should not do this. One of the previous versions had that issue. Try uninstalling and reinstalling v1.5 and see how you get on.
  • D4V1DC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    D4V1DC polycounter lvl 18
    Tried to help but didn't notice that others have already found this handy tool out, that'll teach me to read before I post. :( was in a rush.... my bad.

Mystic download!!!

Supported formats:
    PSD, TGA, DDS, TIFF, DNG*, PDF, AI*, PS*, EPS*, PCX, PICT, JBIG, JPEG2000, PBM, SGI, RGB, Maya IFF*, Google Sketchup SKP* & SKM* and more.

To note this seems to be a 30-day trial but works for me for now until someone else can pop up with a solution.

Enjoy!

Edit:
    Sorry to bump this old thread but some might find this very useful as I needed it and thought others might also.

Seems version prior 2.x were free, i have both x64 and x32, v1.98, see downloads below:

MysticThumbs v1.98 (64 bit)
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZCXZ03NP

MysticThumbs v1.98 (32 bit)
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=47FHVBSV
  • renderhjs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    renderhjs sublime tool
    $!nz wrote: »
    To note this seems to be a 30-day trial but works for me for now until someone else can pop up with a solution.
    just accept that the windows explorer was never intended to shine in this area, just use XnView as a browser with a crazy amount of file format support and some scripts to convert and batch process them.
    Personally I always hated the windows preview: slow, creates temporary hidden files + very limited.
  • TheRedFish
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheRedFish polycounter lvl 8
    hey thanks %!nz, after a computer restart that thumbnail viewer works like a charm on my vista 64 machine!
  • BeatKitano
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BeatKitano polycounter lvl 16
    renderhjs wrote: »
    just accept that the windows explorer was never intended to shine in this area, just use XnView as a browser with a crazy amount of file format support and some scripts to convert and batch process them.
    Personally I always hated the windows preview: slow, creates temporary hidden files + very limited.

I disagree about everything except the batch processing and convert ofc:
    I'm using that, someone mentioned it on these boards and bought it right way.
    I've not looked back since. It's a little bit pricey (but still less than mystic thumbs) but totaly worth it ! It's fast, support tons of file format if you're searching a picture in a library to open with another app it's perfect, and since it's integrated into windows, it also works within open/save dialogs of all programs who make use of windows api.
  • r_fletch_r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    r_fletch_r polycounter lvl 9
    BeatKitano wrote: »
    I disagree about everything except the batch processing and convert ofc:
    I'm using that, someone mentioned it on these boards and bought it right way.
    I've not looked back since. It's a little bit pricey (but still less than mystic thumbs) but totaly worth it ! It's fast, support tons of file format if you're searching a picture in a library to open with another app it's perfect, and since it's integrated into windows, it also works within open/save dialogs of all programs who make use of windows api.

likewise, its awesome.