Home Contests & Challenges Archives

Unearthly Challenge | Bingo | Isthmus

Replies

• planaria
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So we have no idea what were going to do so hopefully something materializes out of thin air for us!

and now the endless flurry of wip shots shall commence.

trying to get the cracks looking interesting, it was a big fail:

thewallby0.jpg

now were just doing a basic blockout of the original to see if it can inspire.

thewallvb9.jpg

and adding in crappy blockout guns :

thewallmu1.jpg
  • planaria
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This

bingocopyll5.jpg

lead to this :

thewallko9.jpg

was basically thinking the whole level would be this giant insect monster creature that grew into these chunks of land, the challenge would be how to make it so the player could move through every area of the creature. would most likely be a deathmatch or team deathmatch style map.
  • planaria
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Word got back from vacation and blocked out his idea :

isthmuswordtestotherqt1.jpg

basically with this idea there will be humans vs aliens with aliens coming out of weird pipes and alien growth from the wall, while the humans have to fend them off in the death ditch area.
  • planaria
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    doing some tests with rock modelling , which is turning out to be a bit harder then i imagined to really capture rocks properly.. theres still a ton of problems with this but im slowly making headyway..

maybe too slow though !

thewalljw0.jpg
  • planaria
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    word got sime time to work on the human faction buildings. which will probably be the actual evil in this piece.

thewallmm6.jpg
  • planaria
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    some random wip pics.. we decided on using this weird picture as the layout for the human side's base.

2404391721_5f0f8ccaa7_o.jpg

thewallsk2.jpg

also was playing around with how the retopologized cliff looks with some subsurf , going to further refine the retopo'ed cliff in zbrush later and give it a 2048x1024 normal map probably. hopefully that + a detail texture will be enough. its also the reason why im tiling the cliff so much, still not totally sure how much i will actually tile the cliff though. I may just keep it at a single mirror of it and then do figure out how the map will work in that case..
  • planaria
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    more progress ..

thewallfg5.jpg

and heres a shot of the normal map.. crits on how best to capture things like lighting and color are appreciated as i think in greyscale :)

thewallfr2.jpg
  • artist_cg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nice job here , this piece is going somewhere , u can generate cavity map out of zbrush and multiply it by the color map to show tiny details , good luck ;)
  • planaria
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    here is a shot of a wip building im working on .. mostly working on the texture stuff and this is really my first time working so much on textures so any crits are appreciated since im a noob at textures :)

thewallxc5.jpg
  • Huoliuhi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    just my two centsbump