Home General Discussion

Babo Violent 2 FREE Top Down Shooter

Hello, I just wanted to spread the word about this great game called Babo Violent 2. First of all, BV2 is about 2 years old, about a year ago it was at it's peak in terms of activity, but recently it seems like we are getting no more new players which is probably the lack of advertisement (the game was originally made as a test and the creators were nice enough to continue developing it for the community, but they never wanted to advertise too much as it was just a test originally). Some of the older players have quit playing for whatever reason, the only ones remaining are pretty much the hardcore fans.

Anyways, the point of this post was to promote the game because it's really great and we don't want to see it die. There is a European, North American and Australian communities with plenty of servers, so it's pretty open to anyone.

The game is a top down shooter that provides action and competitive play much like Quake 3 and Unreal Tournament. Although the game may seem a little too simple to any beginner, but as soon as you get into competitive play you will notice there is a hidden complexity to the game. A good example would be spawn control, you always spawn furthest from the enemy, so your team can actually force the enemy to spawn where you want them if you have the communication down to nearly perfect. The clan matches in BV2 focus mainly on teamwork, if you don't have teamwork you will NOT win, even if you have the best shooters in the game.

Right now the competitive community atleast for North America is kind of dead, there are only 4 clans right now, but this is all due to the lack of newer players. At once there were many clans, and a league with a 500 dollar prize for the winner, this is the activity we(hardcore players)miss. The winner of the Pro Babo Violent League was "The Bitches" and second place named "Star" won other things like hats and t-shirts. This doesn't promise that another league like this will ever happen again, but you never know!

I'm just asking any of you guys/gals to try it out, you never know, you might love it, you might hate it. I used to play Quake 3 and Unreal Tournament 99 when they came out and when I started playing BV2 it reminded me of them even though it's comparing an FPS to a TDS, I just loved the simple straight forward arena combat and the whole spawn control idea (which is also used in other games like the COD series).

www.rndlabs.ca

Try it out, and I hope to see you soon! Also, if you like this game, tell us here :D

Replies