Home Technical Talk

exporting to .mov for reel

I'm trying to export a turntable movie of a character to a .mov file compressed with Sorenson. From what i have read this is a really common format so I dont understand why its proving so difficult

So I have an uncompressed video that i want to compress using Sorenson. I bought Quicktime Pro and followed tutorials online, the problem is that in every tutorial they simply select Sorenson from the compressor type menu. For some reason I dont have that option...
comp.jpg

someone informed me I have to use the 'export movie to FLV' option in order to use Sorenson. He even gave me screens to follow but for some reason again I dont have that option...
fuckkkkkk.jpg

So my brother suggests going to his place and using his copy of sorenson squeeze. I am there following tutorials. In every tutorial they just import the footage, select .mov from the presets, and hit the squeeze button and its done

but again I dont have that option for some reason...
squeeze.jpg

I dont understand why this is so difficult, I'm trying to achieve really basic things but the options that the documentation tells me to follow are never there. I can export as .mp4 from squeeze, is that acceptible for a showreel?

Replies