Home Technical Talk

2 Questions about Max 2009...

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
Havok polycounter lvl 14
Hey, I can't seem to find bridge in the customize user interface menu and I really need it set to a hotkey. I also want to put it in a quad menu. Also, how can I replace the default materials with my own. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• Yozora
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yozora polycounter lvl 11
    Tried looking as well, its not in the main UI group you'll have to open the editable poly group;

bridge.jpg
  • fr0gg1e
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fr0gg1e polycounter lvl 17
  • Havok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Havok polycounter lvl 14
    Damn, thanks. I was looking for it here:
    dumbpersondn9.jpg
  • fr0gg1e
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Havok wrote: »
    Damn, thanks. I was looking for it here:
    dumbpersondn9.jpg

Where it should be =) I am not sure how it works with this custom shortcuts from editable poly group...I remember having problems with the keyboard shortcut override toogle and ended up doing all my shortcuts as macroscipts if I couldnt find them in the right spot.

If you re interrested knowing how, let me know (could come handy). Easy as pie as well.

Cheers.
  • Havok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Havok polycounter lvl 14
    Yea, fr0gg1e, bridge isn't working. It keeps going to the bottom view even though I removed that hotkey (b) from the bottom viewport. I don't know the whole macro script thing so I would appreciate it if you could help me.
  • Marcan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marcan polycounter lvl 12
    Havok wrote: »
    Yea, fr0gg1e, bridge isn't working. It keeps going to the bottom view even though I removed that hotkey (b) from the bottom viewport. I don't know the whole macro script thing so I would appreciate it if you could help me.

I just tried it (with Max 2009) and it's working. Try again perhaps?

Edit: I mean I just tried binding Bridge to the B key and it works.
  • fr0gg1e
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ha weird...
    What I found is when binding bridge command to a shortcut from the edit poly group, you have to put ovveride toogle ON (it s a button next to Snaps toggle in max 2009).
    But weirdest thing is you have to click on the faces (for example) you want to bridge after you pressed the command....
    Now if I am using a macroscipt it s acting like normal (bridging as soon as I press the shortcut)

If you want to do your own macros, it s easy. Press F11 to bring the maxscript listener, then in the menue go to macro recorder and enable it.
    Now each time you ll select a face it will show, Select the faces you want to bridge then Right click on the (top) red part of the maxscript listener to clear all. Then press the bridge button resulting in those commands appearing:
    $.bridgeSelected = 1
    $.EditablePoly.Bridge ()
    Select those two command and drag and drop them on a new toolbar of your creation.
    if you open the customize user interface pannel, the category option, look for draganddrop. It will be called macro 1 (if it s your 1st).
    Right click it to edit it you can change the tooltip to Bridge.
    Also you can change the category to whatever you want. I d just let it to drag and drop. this way each time you create a macroscript it will show there.

So at the end your macro could look like that (after editint name / category / tooltip)

macroScript Bridge
    category:"DragAndDrop"
    toolTip:"Bridge"
    (
    $.bridgeSelected = 1
    $.EditablePoly.Bridge ()
    )

You can now assign it to a shortcut or a quad without hassle. And when I assign this to B for keyboard sortcut I dont need to have override keyboard shortcut active and it s bridging whatever I have selected without binding edges / faces.

Hope it helps and if you have probs, send me a message i ll make you a quick video. =)
  • Havok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Havok polycounter lvl 14
    Wow, thanks so much, fr0gg1e. I am going to use macros a lot now.
  • Sage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sage polycounter lvl 19
    I thought they fixed that in 2009. You have to set all the shortcuts through editable polygon object menu and you might have to get rid of in in editable poly. I forget, but it seemed like the shortcuts passed to edit poly modifier as well. I might be wrong though.

Alex