Home Contests & Challenges Archives

Unearthly Challenge | TBD | PC Invasion

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
osman polycounter lvl 18
I'd really like to go with this one. My environment will be about polycount invading this city, I'd like to keep the city pretty clean, so no real fighting has taken place. And polycount flags all over the place( like in those shots of Nazi parading through the streets, only with green smiley all over the place). The centrepiece will be that "street cleaner", only I'd like to transform it into a multi-tasking-evil-polycount-robot. So it is patrouling through the streets, cleaning, giving parking tickets, making sure there is no resistance etc.

Also maybe i'll turn it into a nightscene, so that the robot can have its green lights on, and/or searchlights etc.

Anyways, something in that direction. Lets hope I can find enough time to work on this. At the moment I'm alone, but if anyone is intersted to join, dont hesitate and PM me :).

88_Street-cleaning.jpg

Replies

• Armanguy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Armanguy polycounter lvl 17
    don't think you can o a robot:

"No Characters, animals, aliens, or robots, can be shown in your scene. No monsters, no elves, no robots, no smurfs, etc. Statues made of stone and metal are allowed, but they must possess extremely minimal details."
  • osman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    osman polycounter lvl 18
    Oh, I missed that, hmm, how about vehicles?
    If not, then how about zeppelins with propaganda on them? I could use that as the centrepiece.
  • Armanguy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Armanguy polycounter lvl 17
    i think vehicles are fine, im using a vehicle in my scene a zeppelin is fine too i think i would pm Adam about it :)
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    There should be a thread over at Game Artisans where people will be asking questions like this to clarify what is and isn't allowed. Feel free to post in there and I'm sure you'll get a prompt response from Fred.
    But from what I understand, this being an environment art contest, the centre piece has to be the environment itself (or a focal point in the environment) rather than some animate object.

-caseyjones
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    caseyjones -> Yes, vehicles are allowed and they can be turned on and moving, but it would probably be easier if they were off so that they don't take too much attention away from your environment.
    Hope that clears things up :D

-caseyjones
  • osman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    osman polycounter lvl 18
    Yup, its all clear now. Im going to use zeppelins, but not as the centrepiece. The centrepiece will be something from the environment. Perhaps a huge greentooth statue...thats Ok I guess?
  • osman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    osman polycounter lvl 18
    Haven't really worked on it untill now. Dont have that much time yet.
    I cant paint my concept out so ill just describe it, so my final concept is:

A city that has been taken over by the evil Polycount. They really dominate the place, so there will be harsh rules. No one is allowed outside after 22:00, cloth codes, fobidden words etc.

The city itself is very gray and harsh. The architecture is pretty much the same with the addition of some structures that are kinda futuristic(more metal).There are flags with the PC logo and colours everywhere, and a zeppelins flying with propaganda text on them.

Also there are these lightposts everywhere, not regular ones tho. Very long ones, with couple of camera's, searchlights, a green digital clock, and LED message screen on them. With lots of wires. And it's installed very randomly in the city, they look very out of place. These are the "eyes" that keep watching the poeple and the streets.

The only thing that I've done so far is this:, its a piece of the road. It's been built with large tiles, very quickly when they took over the city.

road_blocks_01.png
    the yellow stroke is done in photoshop to give me an idea of how I want it. the final vesion will be done with decals in UE.