Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

link (Zelda) bust WIP

Replies

• Neox
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    Neox godlike master sticky
    way better now :)
    really like it, maybe at some more colorcontrast here and there, the belt is made of only one material, maybe mix that with some darker leather parts, same with the rough green stitches on his chest, maybe change the color or material a bit more

and cloth, yep way more believable now, clean yes i agree with Rox, but not hightech fabric anymore
  • odium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    Amazing work. Only flaw I can see is the smoothing on the hat up top. Other than that, perfect.
  • G.G.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Great job on Link! Everything is spot-on, stylized but with just enough realistic detail to make it believable. The hair came out great! I still kind of get stuck on the eyes though. I don't think it's the size so much as the skin right below his eyes, he looks like he really hasn't been sleeping well for a while now. I know you're pretty much final on him but I thought I would add my 2 cents on the eyes (and the Wind Waker Link has black eyebrows so I stuck those in too). Again, awesome job on Link!! :thumbup:

linkeyepaintxs9.jpg
  • Crumplecakes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ok cmon now we all need an update at this point, have you finished modeling his van yet? or his bags of candy?!?!

for serious though, can't wait to see it finished, and I am not a Zelda fan, I just love the direction you took your interpretation.
  • _Gr9yFox_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    _Gr9yFox_ polycounter lvl 10
    As a zelda fan this is as disturbing as awesome. I just can't make up my mind. Technically it's flawless but it's just not the guy I picture as Link. On the other hand I love the idea that he spend the last 20 years saving princess Zelda over and over again and still dresses the same clothes.

Does this mean he still hasn't got any?