Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Looking for masculine male refrences, minimal ding dongetry

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
JesterBox polycounter lvl 18
I'm fed up with trying to find full body shots of dudes who are muscled like superhero/action guys.
Everywhere I go all I get is dudes with their dick and balls grasped. All of whom have the expression's on their face saying "hello sir I would like to stick it in your pooper immediately" usally wearing hard hats and what not.

deviant art is a no go (its total weenier town) camera man ALWAYS locks target onto balls

But serously were can who find Zangief looking babarians who want to tear you a new one?
( I see you in the back smirking!)

I don't mind if their nude just don't want 80% of the shot to be gonads

sorry for the language.

Thank you for your time

Replies

• Mezz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mezz polycounter lvl 8
    The problem here seems to be that you're using the internet to search for nude male models. :p This is the internet we're talking about. The INTERNET. lol But seriously, there are some really good books out there that have lots of male and female nude photos. I can't think of any names atm, but if you check out a good art bookstore I'm sure they'd have a few you could look at to choose from. Internet searches... not the best way to go with this one :p
  • Vitor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vitor polycounter lvl 18
    Books of classical sculpture masters seems a good way to go too. Study some of the old masters style can be great help improving.
  • timwiese
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    timwiese polycounter lvl 9
    If you want male references that are very muscular, I would look at bodybuilding.com and just search around there supersite. On there you will find a ton of articles with pictures of guys sterioded out beyond belief with no dong hanging out.

There is also a bunch of books you could pick up on anatomy, one I just picked up is "anatomy for the artist".

actually looking at your post now I am not quite sure if you wanted very muscular male references or not, but either way exaggerated forms are usually the easiest to start with in my opinion and then from there it can be toned down to your liking.
  • JesterBox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JesterBox polycounter lvl 18
    Hmmm... Interesting. Da Vinci sculptures work pretty well

Bodybuilder.com does have some good photos (already found a few I'm using) but...

H- how, how do they move?
    Bodybuilder15.jpg

Anyone know if these books are any good?

The Artist's Complete Guide to Figure Drawing
    Anatomy Lessons from the Great Masters
    Leonardo Da Vinci on the Human Body
    The Illustrations from the Works of Andreas Vesalius of Brussels
    Albinus on Anatomy

I'm not terribly intrested in internal organs, the borders by me doesn't have terribly good selection... but hey!, They have got how to make sock monkeys!

timewiese, how is "anatomy for the artist" working out? That one was actually at the store according to the search, but couldn't find it.

Thanks for responses.
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    http://3d.sk/
    Sure... You have to pay, but its worth every penny!

-caseyjones
  • timwiese
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    timwiese polycounter lvl 9
    I like anatomy for the artist because it gives you a good sense of how the muscles look while in different types of poses. But to be honest I learned the most from looking at bodybuilding mags and websites, since they are so exaggerated it is easy to understand the way the muscles look.
    http://3d.sk/
    Sure... You have to pay, but its worth every penny!

-caseyjones

This is true that website has great, very high quality references in every pose imaginable. I would recommend it as well.
  • Huoliuhi
  • CookieKingHoi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CookieKingHoi polycounter lvl 10
  • leilei
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    leilei polycounter lvl 14
    that one's a well known fake photoshoop