Home General Discussion

Am I stealing? Borrowing?....What did I do!?

Replies

• leilei
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    leilei polycounter lvl 14
    LEViATHAN wrote: »
    Someone sold some of my models on Turbosquid some time ago. :shifty:

Not cool.

oh dear i hate it when that happens, especially since trying to deal with turbosquid on trying to prove how its stolen sorta requires you to purchase the thieving asset or they won't believe you etc. Pretty broken system there. Con artists will rip off anyone especially taking free models from 3dcafe and selling it for $60+ on turbosquid no problem
    there's also the issue of unauthorized profiting off copyrighted characters i think too
  • tremulant
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tremulant polycounter lvl 17
    I went to AIP with this guy, He actually had his portfolio revoked because of his blatant plagiarism.
    We were looking at his site, and are sure we have seen some of this work in other places....can anyone spot copied work, or are we just insane?

http://richard-michaud.com/
  • arrangemonk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arrangemonk polycounter lvl 15
    does this "stealing art" count on meshflow?
    i often copy meshflow from other poeole , for eg:
    mindvoice: "damn, the deformation sucks, how did this guy do that, it seems that it deforms very well" :
    ->copyying meshflow pic, recreate it in 3d , deform it to fit the on mesh, adding to the mesh, testing the deformation, being satisfied ( i mostly do that in the upper arm region of organic models)
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Edge flow? I don't think so. There is good edge flow and you'll only muck it up trying to "not copy" everyone.
  • bearkub
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bearkub polycounter lvl 18
    OK, this thread is being closed because just about everything I asked not to happen has happened. Good thread though and some really good stuff came out of it. Thanks to those who gave input!
This discussion has been closed.