Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Functioning Amazons Mod Needs Modeler's Touch

I have a released and quite playable Amazons mod where players create amazon characters, recruit a band of other amazons and wind up getting into battles with yet more amazons. Appropriately we are calling the mod, Amazons. ;-) I'm being a little circumspect here as the game is not exactly politically correct.

Anyway, the game already looks and works great, but the character/body model could use a little work. Specifically it tends to deform all to he!! whenever it winds up in odd positions due to ragdoll physics. I need someone who can take a look at the existing model and strategically add a few extra verts and weight them to the existing skeleton so these deformations don't occur. Also, I have skeleton data for the model that the game imports from an XML file. I've fiddled with the XML data and got the ragdoll to create much more interesting final resting positions (which then of course has revealed the problem with the existing model), but several of the parameters I simply cannot seem to make stick, specifically Degrees of Freedom for the joints. If someone out there (with any luck the same modeler whose help I hope to recruit) has a knowledge of rigging and is also interested in Amazons, I would greatly appreciate their assistance. I should probably add the standard plea for anyone into animation as well, who might want to get involved. The game already has all essential animations in place, but the death animations could use more variety.

I am not a modeler, being rather lost when I so much as open up a modeling program. I am starting to learn some of the lingo. Primarily I am a hacker with a small amount of skill at other things like painting, sound editing, etc. I have one other fellow helping who has semi-professional actresses doing additional voice and sound effects with him so the game is starting to sound great..

What's in it for you? I wish I was in a position to pay, but this is a free mod project. Hopefully there's a skilled modeler out there who just likes fiddling with female forms enough to want to give an Amazons mod a nice tweak. And them maybe play the game? ;-)

Again, this is a functioning mod, already being played. It already looks good and plays well. But it could be better.

Contact me by Email ideally at panpiper at gmail dot com.