Home Technical Talk

that stupid missing UV vertex.

sir-knight
polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
sir-knight polycounter lvl 10
Why oh why do you have to stick to the bottom left corner... 90% of the time I use unfold unwrap, one vert will ALWAYS stick and won't be selectable... is there any other way to fix/avoid this other than collapse the stack and drop in a new unwrap modifier?

Seems to happen all the time only when I use unfold on any type of geometry.

Replies

• kio
    Offline / Send Message
    kio polycounter lvl 16
    theyve fixed it with 2009 (never used 2008 so cant tell about this one) - i almost forgot about this option as it was always kinda stupid to work with this bug... but its actually quite a nice feature.
  • ImSlightlyBored
    Offline / Send Message
    ImSlightlyBored polycounter lvl 13
    sir-knight wrote: »
    Why oh why do you have to stick to the bottom left corner... 90% of the time I use unfold unwrap, one vert will ALWAYS stick and won't be selectable... is there any other way to fix/avoid this other than collapse the stack and drop in a new unwrap modifier?

Seems to happen all the time only when I use unfold on any type of geometry.
    Don't know how to avoid it, but to fix it, select all verts, then in the W input field, pound in a solid, resounding 0 for all verts.

I think its W, anyway (its where all the input fields for U,V and W co ords are in the unwrap window)

That normally fixes it. Cant take credit for that though, learnt it off here.

Used to drive me apeshit insane, think once I almost got depressed over it, it just didnt seem like I could do anything right (which is a feeling I get everytime I double click the 3DS Max icon, but at least its reciprocal.)

Another workaround I used to do was select the face that the troublesome vert belonged to, planar mapped it, then welded it all back to form. But that can be destructive, and its all a moot point considering the above workaround.

Hope that helps