Home Technical Talk

silo surface tool issue

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
j_bradford polycounter lvl 17
i get this weird issue with the silo surface tool, where at some point point manipulation in suface mode will stop working. I can select the point and begin to tweak, but nothing will move. manipulating edges and faces work fine, but points fudge up. any thoughts?

Replies

• kary
    Offline / Send Message
    kary polycounter lvl 18
    Not sure, but sounds similar too: You can freely tweak interior verts, but if you tweak an exterior vert it will tweak once, then start to make a new face.

If I am tweaking the exterior verts I exit the tool, then pop back in when done. I've put the surface tool on shift alt right mouse so it's easy to go in and out of the tool (no hunting for the P key with my left hand).

That might not be it, but it's the similar thing I've had.
  • ghib
    The only time I've had this happen is when you've used soft selection and surface snapping at the same time. For some reason the affected verts in the falloff lose the ability to be 'tweaked' in various ways. Local move being one of the ones that spring to mind. My workaround is to select all verts and move them very slightly then undo. Wot a crock..

I'd send a bug report but I'm too busy with Dali.