Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Old Window Prop

Cyph3r
polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Cyph3r polycounter lvl 9
More texture practise from me. I think im getting worse lol D: Anyway I was thinking a Resi 4 kind of style while i was making this. It's 232 Tri's, and currently all its got is a diffuse map.

1024 Diffuse Map
Window_1024.jpg

Window_3Res2.jpg

Replies

• MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Not bad, but you will definitely need either a specular map or a semi-transparent alpha for your windows, currently they look like paper because there's no difference in material feel between the wood and the "glass".
    Semi-transparency, then an environment map for fake reflections would be ideal for this.
  • Cyph3r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cyph3r polycounter lvl 9
    MoP wrote: »
    Not bad, but you will definitely need either a specular map or a semi-transparent alpha for your windows, currently they look like paper because there's no difference in material feel between the wood and the "glass".
    Semi-transparency, then an environment map for fake reflections would be ideal for this.

Yeah i agree 100%. Howd i go about adding semi-transpency maps and the fake reflections though? I dont have a clue how to do it.
  • Baddcog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Baddcog polycounter lvl 9
    Depends on what the final output it.

In max or maya you could set transparency and specular on the material. I've never messed with rendering enough but there's probably and enviro map thing in there too.

Most new games have a material file. In it is where you declare which materials, enviros, specular to use.