Home Technical Talk

Zbrush-Documents vs Tools?

-DN-
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
-DN- polycounter lvl 18
Simple Version:
If I saved a scuplt as a Zbrush document and not a tool, is there anyway of getting back into transform mode with it?

Extended Version:
Okay so I just started learning Zbrush a day ago and while the sculpting is very user friendly to me, the simple thought processes behind how to work with in the program is driving me nuts.

So I was sculpting a beach and got it where I wanted it, saved the document, then clicked in space to rotate the model around and do some final quality inspections AND whalla it makes another mesh. Okay so saving the document automaticaly snaps me outa transform mode into draw mode... doesn't make any sense but okay I just saved... I will just reload.

So I open up my saved document and WHALLA! I cannot edit the mesh although it draws a pretty picture of it and no matter how many times I hit T it doesn't go into transform mode.

Now I have been trying to get used to the fact that I can not just do things in Zbrush, I have to jump through hoops while juggling knives to get certain things done (like having to click a brush to switch off the current tool (instead of it knowing I would like to import more than one tool at a time) and the whole append instead of drawing new tools on their own layer. Tell me there is a hoop I can jump through to get my mesh back?

If saving a tool saves the mesh at a certain mesh density, but a document doesn't save the sculpt in all levels of divisions... I should go buy a MAC so I can "not" watch files copy on to my desktop.

I looked on the ZBC forums for an answer to what exactly is saved in a ZB document but it seems this question is too simple to be answered. I hope I did not just lose two hours of sculpting, there's probably some button I have to click somewhere to active the mesh.

Replies