Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio] – MacTom27 / Thomas Veyrat

Hello again,

I started a thread not so long ago and got already good crits.

Here the changes :

- Design and Game arts are now in 2 distinct websites.
- Thumbnails are biggers
- I tried to keep only the best of my works.
- I add some "Turn around the model"
- I removed animated buttons annoying for the eye.

Also an important info about the 2D art page :
ignoremevs9.jpg
Concept arts shall arrive soon ( vehicle, ...)

So :

- First , I would like to know if the design of my website is working well now.

- Then, Feedbacks about the content would be great.

- Third, what is the skill I should focus on.

My dream is to work for video games companies and later bring my own game ideas to life.

Have a nice visit :
http://www.anacronysm.com/

Replies

• renderhjs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    renderhjs sublime tool
    webdesign:
    - opening the links in "_blank" instead of "_self" or just undefined sucks alot,- I can´t click back in my browser (or via the shortcuts) because you force a new tab/window
    - link section is confusing - with such a presentation of thumbnails it looks like your work but its not - perhaps just the names would be better? (and a link to youtube is very useless imo)
    - almost all renders look as if they are done with a white default lighting- some color variation in the lighting would imo. a big improvement (just slightly)

http://www.anacronysm.com/turnaround.html
    is upside down,- very irritating. Perhaps a mistake ?
    - the visual webdesign all in all looks a little bit 90´s mainly because of the bevel effect on the buttons, the oversized font size (looks like 14+ where it could be easily 10 for the footer) and the whole site is based on 1 photoshop design (e.g no text selectable - where this could be usefull in some cases, like if someones ones to copy your name, adress or whatever info and not retype it from a image)

content:
    all rather medicore but mainly because proportions are often off. Id say stick with booth your 2d and 3d art because booth have some nice ones in them with lots of potential but in my eyes you also need to improve alot.
    Some things I noticed you could improve in general:
    - use slight light color variations in renderings - so they dont look like grey faded default renderings
    - have a look at anatomy and proportion references, esspecially for the 3d stuff as you seem to like 3d characters alot.
    - smaler fonts: no need to make them that big. Have a look at famous screendesigns of other websites or interfaces and you will notice that in most cases the fonts are way smaler you used them.
  • MacTom27
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for your reply.

I'll

- make the site more functional by using only "_parent" links and make its aspect even more simple.
    - Reduce the font size and change it to selectable text
    - Change the links section

- Improve the render lights
    - Use more anatomy and proportion references

Ok, with your post I can already start reworking my portfolio.