Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Character: Assassin

fattkid
polycounter lvl 15
Offline / Send Message
fattkid polycounter lvl 15
Thought I would share my latest personal work. A female assassin character. This is actually my first attempt at modeling/sculpting the female form, so I welcome any and all comments and critiques. Thanks!

ZBrush render......

Assasin_M.jpg

ZBrush screengrabs.....

ScreenColor_S.jpg

ScreenGrey_S.jpg

Replies

• JohnnyRaptor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JohnnyRaptor polycounter lvl 15
    Very cool! i like it.

Some crits would be, her jawline and chin is somwhat masculin. Specular is weak or lacking, specially the eyes:) Also, nothing about her tells me shes an assassin. If it hadnt been for the topic, shed be just another female character. Perhaps add something that makes her occupation more apparent. maybe a decoration in the circle on her chest of some daggers? or the hilt of a dagger in her hair.

anyhoo, good stuff nevertheless!
  • AimBiZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AimBiZ polycounter lvl 14
    Very nice indeed. I like her dress. Can you show a shot of the back?

I'd also like a decoration of some sort to make her more assassin-like.
  • innervision961
    For a first time on the female form, that's looking pretty great! I agree JohnnyRaptor about the masculine jawline, it is especially evident in the front and 3/4 views. The sideview, to me, looks spot on though! Great character, and great work, maybe she is just a thick Ruskie or some such :poly122:
  • pliang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pliang polycounter lvl 17
    Very nice, does it have sub surface scattering ?
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    not bad at all, just a quick gif comparison but might help you with the slight differences.

assassin.gif
  • DeathKitten
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DeathKitten polycounter lvl 18
    I don't mind the masculine jawline... it's not always a bad thing:

jennifer-connelly-006.jpg

It makes your character have, well, more character ;) She looks like a bit of a tomboy, someone who could take care of herself in a rough situation. She's not so pretty that you'd see her in a tavern and want to watch her every move (not very stealthy), but not so butchy that she's in the least bit hard to look at. The cute nose and full, sexy lips really soften her overall look. Imo she definitely suits the Female Assassin type persona.

... and the mischevious smirk is just awesome! Beautiful work thus far :D

>^..^<
  • fattkid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fattkid polycounter lvl 15
    Hey, thanks for the feedback everyone!

JohnnyRaptor - Thanks. Yeah, she is definitely coming in at the masculine end of the spectrum. Thanks for the eye. Perhaps calling her an assassin is a bit incomplete as she doesn't really have the accessories you mentioned that would sell it. I guess that was more so the attitude I was going for with her look/sculpt. Would it work if I said her weapons were her sultry femine cunning and seductive wiles? :)

AimBiZ - Thanks. I'm kind of proud of the dress design myself......As for the back shot, I didn't really put as much time or effort into the backside as I didn't plan on showing it (oohhh, busted!) .......

innervision961 - Thanks for the thoughts. Definitely helpful. Yeah, female Russian Weightlifter turned assassin. There we go! :)

pliang - thanks. It is the default MatCapSkin 04 material in ZBrush with opacity turned down to 50%. I added an occlusion (Meats Meirs' porcelin material) and ZDepth overlay in post as well to give it some depth.

Thegodzero - Hey, thanks for that overlay. That helps alot! Interesting similiarity!

DeathKitten - Thanks for your thoughts. I feel better now......I was trying for a feeling of a strong, confident, independant, takin care of business feel with her, so it sounds like that came across fairly well.

I also picked up this this book in the process which I found very helpul with regards to modeling/texturing/designing female faces. (It's actually pretty helpful for faces in general, as it covers design/shapes/color/emotion/attitude etc.) I recommend it for you character artists out there........

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Face-Forward-Kevyn-Aucoin/dp/0316287059/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1218130233&sr=8-1[/ame]