Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Environment: Sci Fi Base

SciFiBase.jpg
Still updating. All critics are welcome. Thanks.

Replies

• Kawe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kawe polycounter lvl 8
    First impression is that it is too irregular. The textured shapes are all over the place. No order or thought behind what the texture really does. This might sound weird but I'd like to see more repetition just to show that the base has been more thought out. Feels like you are trying to hard to make everything look unique.

Untitled-1.jpg
    I think the whole landing pad could use more detail. It has less detail than a lot of the other stuff and I think it seems to be an important piece.
  • Armanguy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Armanguy polycounter lvl 17
    need work but take what kawe said and get it up to par though i think you should really focus on one piece you have like 3 threads with three different scenes is this for school? anyways if you focus on one instead of three you might have a killer piece on your hands.
  • cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    Like many of your scenes, this could really feel the love from pushing your lighting.

In this example, the floor to lava and the sky is night while the blue floor lights do their thing.

light4moxp9.jpg

experiment and have fun with it, you can really enhance the look and mood of your scenes.
  • Xenobond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xenobond polycounter lvl 18
    The floor is LAVA!!!

AIiieieeieieEEEE!~!!!
    sizzle
  • Tumerboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tumerboy polycounter lvl 17
    if you fall off the play structure, then you're the lava monster!
  • Flewda
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Flewda polycounter lvl 17
    Armanguy wrote: »
    need work but take what kawe said and get it up to par though i think you should really focus on one piece you have like 3 threads with three different scenes is this for school? anyways if you focus on one instead of three you might have a killer piece on your hands.

This is not a jab at you, Arman, but you should follow your own advice. I mean, you've been doing better with it, but I see you bounce around quite a bit as well.

As for the scene, you're off to a good start. I'd follow a lot of the comments people have been making above, they're definitely on to something.

Something that is really bothering me is those angled back light strips/stairs in front of the door. There is no trim around it, it's just an abrupt cut off to the wall, and just doesn't feel right.

Adding some more contrast would help too. Throw in a splash of color here and there. Of course, changing the lighting as Cholden suggested will do wonders, but even adding some colors to the textures would help a lot too.
  • Armanguy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Armanguy polycounter lvl 17
    flewda not to throw this thread off but if you have anything to say PM no need to make jabs in a thread i was just critting, and i only have one project im working on and thats the sci-fi scene :)

Anyways what choldon posted would be really cool to see i would try something along those lines with the lighting as ive learned the hardway if your scene doesent have good lighting it will never catch peoples attention. :)
  • joe gracey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    joe gracey polycounter lvl 11
    I don't know if you want to, but could you post your texture flats? I would really like to see how you organized your UV's.