Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: zcubed

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Zcubed polycounter lvl 18
In the spirit of the "less talk, more art" mantra, I'm just going to copy and paste what I wrote in GD...

"I've been busy with school this past year and haven't produced much (any) art, but lately the creative juices have been flowing and I've decided to commit more seriously to my artwork. I think I may have been a bit hasty in jumping directly into 3D work when I first registered here. I learned my way around a few applications and pumped out some pretty awful character models, but never really seemed to improve much because I lacked solid foundation skills. With that in mind, I've decided to start at the bottom this time. I've been taking a weekly life drawing course at a local community college, and I just picked up "Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain" which looks like a lot of fun. Polycount has always been my favorite place for receiving butt-kickings from massively talented artists, so I'll try to put up as much as much work as I can!"

Here are some of my less embarrassing sketches from the life drawing sessions. This was my first time taking a real drawing course, and I had a blast! I had always viewed drawing from reference as a boring, or unimaginative thing to do, but the class showed me how wrong I was.

I'll try to update this thread frequently with doodles and exercises. I am here to learn, so please don't hold back on comments, critiques, insults, etc.

Range from 5-20 min each.

girl.jpg

sitgirl.jpg

backgirl.jpg

Please excuse the poor image quality. The pad was too big for my scanner and I had to use a camera instead.

Replies