Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Environment Prop

Replies

• Cyph3r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cyph3r polycounter lvl 9
    Thanks and yeah i'll try some renders, right now they are just viewport grabs from max.
  • Kawe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kawe polycounter lvl 8
    I agree. It looks a lot better.

Not sure if you need to improve it further really. I mean this is one of those prop types that you just do and get it over with as fast as possible. Even if it looked photoreal I wouldn't put it into a portfolio.. after all it is just a barrel :) but then I guess it is a good learning experience to make even the simplest thing as perfect as it can be..

But ya.. I'd say go for something more complex that requires some more details and can give you a decent AO map. What it is depends on what you feel like.. I mean it doesn't have to be something overly complex.. it could be a simple wooden crate with modeled planks and nails. or a toaster if you feel like doing something more unusual. Maybe something with multiple materials?

EDIT:
    Actually. The thing that makes it hard to critique now is that we don't really know what environment that barrel would be in. A good exercise is probably to make more props to go with the barrel. Then after a while when you've collected a few with a particular theme you could actually expand it into a whole environment! :) Always gotta look forward.
  • Tumerboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tumerboy polycounter lvl 17
    MUCH better! good job.
  • Cyph3r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cyph3r polycounter lvl 9
    yeah i was going to make other props to go with this one and try and make a scene.