Home Artists Looking For Work

3D Artist Needed - Film Work

www.quake-rebellion.com

Looking for 3D Artist to model\texture two characters: Please PM with your rates.

Xearo and Ranger from Q3.

Looking for Quake 4 level of detailing.

Software: 3DMax.

Character Rigging optional.

Joe Goss
Tritin Multimedia

Contact Info:

In this thread or:

tritin@hotmail.com

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm not exactly sure of the legalities in regards to paying people to re-create characters that are property of ID. Have you looked into this?
  • WreckZ28
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EarthQuake wrote: »
    I'm not exactly sure of the legalities in regards to paying people to re-create characters that are property of ID. Have you looked into this?

Any models we use would always hold the copyright and trademark of Id. We're a fan-base group that is making a non-profit film. We just don't believe in asking anyone with the talents seen on Polycount to donate their modelling talents for free. Compensation for hours put into our fan-project is strictly a decent offer and in no way would we infringe on Id Software copyrights.

Our film is advertised clearly up front as a not-for-profit fan work and all owernship falls back to Id for all characters, storyline attributes, and entinties unless 3rd party ownership of other components within the film are held by other artists.

If polycount has any fear of this not being a legitemite offer, they can remove the post immediately.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    If you insist its all legal than thats good enough for me, i dont really know any better myself. I just wanted to make sure you've considered it, just to try to save you some headaches if you hadn't. =)
  • Snake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snake polycounter lvl 17
    Do you got any volunteers? Is this project still open?