Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Nazi guy

So I'm doing a low poly character for a comp at a friends forum, I've never modeled anything in my life(sucessfully, I once tried to make a a tank chassis out of a box and managed to make max crash) but since this LP jazz seems simple enough I'll try to have a go at it and hoping the texturing part makes up for the frustration of modelling with fun

tecnonaziheadconcept.jpg
concept1.jpg

nothing to show yet(;D), just a quick coloured sketch and a little doodle of ideas for the uniforms, since I intend to make him waaay overloaded with stupid details all around, could appreciate any feedback on the little I have now, but I made this thread with the intent of getting crits on the modelling, wich is soon to come, hopefully

Replies

• DanaP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The question(s) that comes to my mind is:

Are you making a super stylized model?

Is it suppose to be realistic?

If it's a stylized model it's still a good idea to work from reference images. Especially for body proportions. Not everyone is an expert on anatomy (I know I'm not!) But, we see bodies everyday and you end up with a feeling about things, like somethings just not quite right.

If I were you, since you said you've never modeled anything, I would definitely go a stylized route. Creating a realistic human model is probably one of the most difficult things you can do!

Good luck!

Oh - I like how the accessories for the head is out of the ordinary. But, I would continue the theme with the rest of the body as well. So far it looks like the head = abnormal but the body uniform = super normal. Might want to think of a better flow for that.
  • CIgano
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's mean to be stylized, I was actually planning to do the textures in the same style i did that colouring :P

the outfit drawing was just a collection of various stuff I saw on WWII uniforms I decided I wanted to incorporate on this bugger(hence why he's SS, gestapo, field officer and mussolini at the same time ;D)

on that not a more defined concept of how i'm planning to do the body, I'll try to finish and colour this one and then post along with some progress on the model

concept2.jpg