Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Planet X looking for artists

Team Name:
V16 Software, LLC
Based in Atlanta, GA

Project Name:
Project Planet X

(We've had this name forever attached to this game. And even after changing the storyline, the name doesn't it. It's a project name, not the game.)

Introduction/Goals:
For those of you who don't know me I'm Patrick Cason and a buddy, Lee Alexander, and I have been making a game and level editor recently. I do the art and Lee does the programming. Our game project is called Planet X, the level editor is called PXME (hence, PlanetX Map Editor). We are planning to release the alpha of the game this August and are approaching finishing time. We both work an average of 5-10 hours on the game <u>each day</u> and I'd say it's starting to pay off. Once we finish out alpha, we hope to release the demo and editor to a publisher, and who knows, we could get really really lucky and maybe get some financial backing or resources! Never hurts to try...

Brief Description:
The game is a futuristic first-person shooter that takes place on a foreign planet. The game begins with you, a simple marine soldier in the USMC named Jason Seager. A new device has been invented to literally teleport any mass in the universe to another deep-space loophole, in short, a portaling device. Marines are sent into this new technology to a seemingly unknown coordinate somewhere in their own humankind dominated Milky Way Galaxy. The team's objective is to find a source of life, as well as document and take samples of the surface and other things of scientific importance. However, upon reaching their destination they are attacked by the local life form only to discover they have an extremely advanced system and way of life, far surpassing those of the human race. Whilst re-capturing their kidnapped comrades, the marines discover a plot to attack the humans on Earth in the near future. Reports are sent back to intelligence on Earth and the decision is made to wage all out, planetary war. Half the game is battling on the planet, the other half is futuristic, space warfare.

Yes, I do realize it's extremely parallel to Stargate, this was not at all my intention when writing it. But ironically a friend of mine told me that the game sounded exactly like it. Nevertheless, we're going on with the idea.

Target Aim:
Retail, yes, we are fully aware of the difficulty and requirements.

Technology:
Programming - Microsoft Visual C# 2008
Engine - Truevision 3D 6.5 (Full License)
Modeling - Autodesk 3ds Max
Texturing - Adobe Photoshop or Gimp (preference)
Level Editing - HOME-BREWED PlanetX Map Editor

Talent Needed:
3d Modeler
Proficient in modeling any of the following areas:
- Weapons
- Props
- Vehicles
- Architecture
- Organic

Pluses are animation, uvw mapping, texturing.

Level Editor

Proficient in organizing modeled meshes and placing them in a pre-organized map. Also has a keen knowledge in level design and is able to quickly and efficiently pick up a home-brewed level editor to use completely.

Concept Artist
Proficient in making quick sketches to full illustrations of architecture, blueprints, weapons, vehicles, or organic beings.

All joining members must be able to dedicate time, effort, will, and passion as well as be able to be on MSN daily or every other day to gather team news, give constructive criticism to other's work, and to donate finished work to the next person down the development line.

Team:
Lee Alexander lives in Atlanta, GA and has been programming for 8 years, literally half of his life. He enjoys swimming, tennis, and climbing, as well as camping and the outdoors. Lee is currently attending high school with hopes to become a software project manager as a future career.

Patrick Cason lives in Nashville, TN and has been designing websites for 6 years, making CG art for over 4, and also currently builds and repairs computers and networks. He plays hockey for his high school team. He also enjoys music and plays piano, bass, and drums. Patrick is currently attending high school and hopes to become a CG artist on games and/or movies as a future career.

Alex Ledbetter lives in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada and has been making CG art for over 3 and a half years. Alex is also currently in high school and is planning to get a degree in animation and become a freelance artist.

http://www.v16entertainment.com

Contacts:
Patrick Cason
Email - patrick@v16entertainment.com
MSN - pcason@comcast.net
AIM - mntlinstituteflr
Blog - http://patrickcason.blogspot.com

Project Media:
Renders/Screenshots:

dresden2.jpg?t=1210213350

dresden3.jpg?t=1210213398

Barrel-render8.jpg

dunebuggyfinal3.jpg?t=1215731479

Game:

screenpq9.jpg
Small physics demo

ingame.jpg?t=1215800219

ingame2.jpg?t=1215800244

ingame3.jpg?t=1215800274

Level Editor:

ItemPlacement.jpg
Item Placement

WeaponEntity.jpg
Editing Weapon Entities

Additional Information:
We have gotten way past the point of tech demo and have completely finished that. We are now closer to the alpha and our goal is to have 3 online multiplayer levels as well as 1 singleplayer level for that release. Sorry, but we are not willing to release any builds of the game as of now, joining the team is the only way to access those at the moment. If you'd like more on the game, like a storyline, please contact me for further information on what you want and I would most likely be happy to oblige!

Here's my personal portfolio:
http://s184.photobucket.com/albums/x317/patrickcason/

Comments, criticism, and questions are definitely welcome and always appreciated! Remember, we do this for fun and for hobby, not for the dough.

I look forward to hearing from you all! Thanks in advance for your interest...

Patrick