Home General Discussion

Free Animation Tutorial & 3D Modeling Competition - over $15,000 USD in Prizes!

What's up! I wanted to share a new company and website with all of you - Digital Apprentice Workshop.

We have some pretty cool features on www.digitalapprentice.net. We will be offering downloadable content (DVD content is on the way) from professionals working in Games and Film. I just dropped my first series for animation called "Animation Foundations" - this one is designed for aspiring animators. I didn't skip or hide any steps in these videos - it's all right there on screen click for click. One of the chapters for free - check it out and let me know what you think!

I also am hyped to mention that we have a Amazing 3D Modeling Competition! This one is open for registration right now and is FREE to enter. The event is sponsored by Softimage - Pixologic - Luxology & Wacom! The prizes lined up are pretty slick. We have an All Star line of judges that are artists who have worked on projects like: Half-Life 2, War of the Worlds, Hellgate London, Star Wars Episode 2, Resident Evil 5, Matrix 2 & 3, Team Fortress 2 and James Camerons' up coming scifi epic - Avatar. Don't miss out on this event... it should be pretty fun stuff.

We also have some cool interviews and production spotlight features. Right now we have JELMER BOSKMA and an Epic Games - Unreal Tournament 3 Xbox360 production feature interview with lead Concept Artist, JAY HAWKINS - Lead Artist, PAUL JONES - Senior Animator, SCOTT DORRSETT!

Take a peak at www.digitalapprentice.net and be sure to let me know what you think! Any questions at all - let me know. Thanks to Polycount also - one of the best forums on the internet! smile.gif Cheers all, -D

dawmodelcontestflyerv01im6.jpg