Skate?
    Turok?

What?

I'd rather play a game on its main SKU than a PC port :thumbdown:
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    ps3 = cheap blu-ray player that also plays games, worst system to develop for which is why there are so few quality games.
    360 = big library of AAA games, online service is quick and easy to find friends.
  • b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
    baof, I have 2 games for my ps3, and thoses 2 games beat the 20xbox360 game i have, Lol, well BEst for ME atleast.

anyway, best console, who cares, get a job, get all 3!
  • The_Kozmonaut
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee wrote: »
    ps3 = cheap blu-ray player that also plays games, worst system to develop for which is why there are so few quality games.
    360 = big library of AAA games, online service is quick and easy to find friends.

Statements like these are so confusing. Why do people get so attached to a console. CoD4, Assassins Creed, GTA4, Oblivion, Burnout, Battlefield, etc are the exact same on both systems. So what high quality games are people playing on the 360 that they cant on on the PS3?
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    it's the nature of the universe, a troll thread is started and we all gotta play our parts.
  • sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    Statements like these are so confusing. Why do people get so attached to a console. CoD4, Assassins Creed, GTA4, Oblivion, Burnout, Battlefield, etc are the exact same on both systems. So what high quality games are people playing on the 360 that they cant on on the PS3?

Bioshock was 360 exclusive for a long time, Halo, Gears of War, Ninja Gaiden II, Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, Crackdown, Dead Rising, Eternal Sonata, Forza 2, Viva mother fucking Pinata, and soon Too Human.
  • arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arshlevon polycounter lvl 18
    adamBrome wrote: »
    You have GTA 4 on your PC?
    Skate?
    Turok?

What?

I'd rather play a game on its main SKU than a PC port :thumbdown:

not one of those games is exclusive to 360. and if it was orginally made for 360 you dont have to port to pc, you made it for one already.
  • sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    i can smell a fanboy!
  • arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arshlevon polycounter lvl 18
    your totally right sonic i am a pc fanboy, i really just hate consoles altogether. i wouldn't even own a ps3 if work didn't give us one. last generation i didn't even get a ps2 until shadow of the colossus came out.
  • Mr Turnip
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mr Turnip polycounter lvl 10
    Since I had money of my own to buy computers/consoles, its always been one game that has been the deciding factor to buy (starting with Amiga 600 HD to play Might & Magic 4 on)

I bought a PS3 this time round cos of Ratchett & Clank (& Blurry had 'won' the Disk Wars already)

PS3 = more likely to get crazy mad Japanese games appearing (stuff like Ico, Shadow of Colossus, Katamari)
    Nice if you like that sort of thing :)
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Coke... wait no Pepsi.
  • monkeyboy_garth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    monkeyboy_garth polycounter lvl 9
    I don't really mind one way or another what platform I'm playing on, so long as the games are good and it's easy to jump in. I like the idea of consoles to keep game development easier and consistent though.

I think 'in browser' gaming is the way that the pc might be able to win back some of those who don't typically play pc games.

Does anyone think the 'one console' future will actually be a web browser?
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    it's the nature of the universe, a troll thread is started and we all gotta play our parts.

qft
  • Marine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marine polycounter lvl 18
    Vig wrote: »
    Coke... wait no Pepsi.
    dr pepper
  • dejawolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dejawolf polycounter lvl 18
    this was my X360 after 2 weeks of GTA4.

halo3limitedredring-01_qjpreviewth.jpg
    i had owned my X360 for 2 weeks.

nuff said.
  • Armanguy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Armanguy polycounter lvl 17
    them purdy lights that been there on your watchamacallit!
  • Quokimbo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Get all 3 and miss nothing...That what I did, it took me a year and a half to collect them all, I got not one on launch day, but I play lots of games now! :) It is so much fun going from RSV2 on my PS3, to Gears of War on my 360, then playing The legend of Zelda on my Wii!

But if you are asking between the PS3 and 360 go PS3 first! I have had to send in my 360 3 times! Only once was the RRoD, so that is not the only problem they have. I had a disk drive failure, a general hardware failure, and one RRoD. I have concluded the last game I buy for my 360 will be GoW2, it craps out on my to often to justify having lots of games for it!
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I have a 360 that I play games on, and a ps3 that I watch blu ray and dvd movies on.
  • ViPr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ViPr polycounter lvl 17
    can you artists ask your programmer colleagues if many Xbox 360 versions are running better than PS3 versions at the moment because the programmers are completely avoiding the use of parallel processing for either console?
  • monkeyboy_garth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    monkeyboy_garth polycounter lvl 9
    dejawolf wrote: »
    this was my X360 after 2 weeks of GTA4.

halo3limitedredring-01_qjpreviewth.jpg
    i had owned my X360 for 2 weeks.

nuff said.

Because it's meant to be a HALO player. That's what you did wrong. ;)
  • The_Kozmonaut
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic wrote: »
    Bioshock was 360 exclusive for a long time, Halo, Gears of War, Ninja Gaiden II, Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, Crackdown, Dead Rising, Eternal Sonata, Forza 2, Viva mother fucking Pinata, and soon Too Human.

Listing a bunch of exclusives on the 360( and only 2-3 are absolute must haves) is not a good argument. You could do the same thing for the PS3. Here I will do the same for the PS3 and maybe you will get it..

MGS4, Resistance: Fall of Man, Formula One Championship Edition, MotorStorm, Lair, Heavenly Sword, The Eye of Judgment, Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

It is a matter of taste, but either way you are missing out on good games if you can only pick 1 console.
  • sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    I wasn't making any argument, you asked:
    So what high quality games are people playing on the 360 that they cant on on the PS3?

And the ones I listed aren't just exclusives, they are fucking awesome exclusives. I know the PS3 has a few as well, but I'm just answering your question.