Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Concept Art Contest

*I'm kind of new here, and couldn't find any rules against this.*

Hello, PC Community. My name is Ainafuin, and I am the leader of a small game development team called TURF Games. We are currently working on a small project known as STAR Fighter, and we are in need of some creative minds. The storyline for the game is below:
STAR Fighter

Type: Scrolling shooter
Theme: Future/Space
Storyline (subject to change):

In 2023, mankind had finally exhausted the Earth's resources and was on the brink of global anarchy. Realizing this, the Earth's governments pulled together and began working seriously on Martian colonization. They called this Project Olympus. Six years later, after a rare underground plant was discovered under the surface of Mars, the Earth's nations, now calling themselves the "United Global Homeland Society", began their colonization of the planet Mars.

One-hundred years later, after the surface of Mars was covered with humans, an exploration probe detected an unknown energy field. Upon further investigation, UASA (United Aeronautics and Space Administration - renamed from NASA and merged with other space administrations) found that the probe had been vaporized by some sort of high-energy photon. A space exploration team was sent to investigate, and thus the discovery of alien lifeforms was finally made.

Now it is the year 2232 and the United Global Navy has been existent for 35 years. It was founded in response to the declaration of war on the human race by the Galactic Empire, the civilization of the alien race discovered more than a hundred years ago. STAR (Strategic Tactical Assault and Reconnaissance) is the elite division of the UGN.

Born in 2201, Captain Conrad Elliott joined the military at the age of 22. He worked his way up the ranks and was eventually promoted to Flight Squadron Captain, First Class. He was permitted to hand-pick each member of his squadron, and chose them all for their reliability, teamwork, and of course, skill. Now Captain Elliott and his team are currently on a reconnaissance operation, with an objective of intercepting a transport convoy en route to a GE military base.

And so, the story begins...
We are in need of several concept art designs.

1) Captain Conrad Elliott: A "solid snake" looking character who is highly trained in both flight tactics and ground tactics.

2) Gallactic Empire: An alien race bent on war and strife. I would prefer a sort of "Elite" (from Halo) look than a "Brute" (also from Halo) type of look. Creativity is welcomed.

3) *Only if you do the above* A single alien of the same species as above who is somehow distinct from the others. My apologies for the repetitive references, but try to imagine an "Arbiter" type of character (ALSO from Halo).

4) A Military General. As yet ANOTHER reference, think of Colonel Campbell from Metal Gear Solid.

5) Several other side characters.

*RULES FOR ENTRIES*

All entries must be submitted to ainafuin@yahoo.com. All entries must also be in the following format:
TO: ainafuin@yahoo.com
SUBJECT: Concept Art Contest Entry
ATTACHED: (The artwork or piece.)

Name of Artist: (Who did it?)
Description of entry: (What is it?)
Any other details you would like to add: (Name of being, style of art, etc.)
Artist E-mail Address: (This is so that I can announce the winners.)
Any entries not in the above format will be disqualified. It would be smart to copy and past the above format example.

Entries may be done on the computer (whether drawn or 3D Rendered) or by hand (this includes drawing, painting, pastels, etc.), and must be in JPG, BMP, GIF, or PNG format. No limit to the number of entries per person. Rules are subject to change, however, all qualifying participants at the time of change will be notified.

*PRIZES*

The first, second, and third place winners will all recieve limited editions of the game (With added stuff and such) in the order in which they place. For example, First place will recieve the best version first, etc. At this point, we do not have any plans to market our game, however, if such a descision is made, the top five entry artists will recieve a free copy of the game.

*ALL ENTRIES MUST BE SUBMITTED BY AUGUST 4, 2008*

We hope you will participate, and we wish the best of luck to all participants.

Replies