Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Surfboard Design Contest!

Aloha! I'm Kilika, the cartoonist for the webcomic Blue and Blond. I'm making a new book for my comic, and I'm hosting a design contest for the book. One of the members on this site, Cody, recommended I post this up here, and I can see why. I've been loving all of the work that I've seen here so far!

The contest is pretty simple. Using the template provided below, all you have to do is to design a surfboard. Instead of using normal boxes for the commentary in my books, every commentary box is actually a surfboard designed by a fan or another artist.

So for my new book, there will be at least 150 designs thrown in. Every person who submits at least one surfboard design will have at least one of their designs used in the book. And yes, there will be prizes too! There will be three separate rounds, one each week until July 19th. The winning surfboard designer for each week will get a guest appearance in my comic strip as well as a copy of the book, and every runner up will get one of my shirts.

Here is an example of one of the boards designs I have recieved.
020.jpg

Here is a link to the (HiRes) template on which you can do your painting or design.
THE SURFBOARD TEMPLATE

And here is a link to the rules.
Rules Page

Please post a small image of your entry in this thread so everyone can see, and a link to the high res version I can use to print in my book. Thank you, and get creative!