Home General Discussion

Firefox 3, javascript not working?

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
LoTekK polycounter lvl 17
Not sure what's going on, but javascript seems to have stopped working in firefox all of a sudden. I've had v3 installed for a few weeks now, with no problems. It was working fine just yesterday, and I haven't installed anything or made any changes to my settings (though I may have installed a windows update or two). Any ideas? Javascript is enabled in options, and a reboot hasn't helped things. For reference, javascript is working fine in IE and opera.

edit:
Seems js isn't completely dead, just mostly. Lightbox seems to work, but nothing else appears to. Youtube gives me a "javascript not enabled" error, enhanced forum functionality isn't there, I can't use the standard AJAX gmail interface, and facebook is just about useless without js working. I'm confused. And google hasn't turned up anything pertinent so far.

Replies

• East
    Offline / Send Message
    East polycounter lvl 14
    Did you install the NoScript addon perchance? Shouldn't be that problem if Lightbox is working, but you never know.. You say you haven't installed anything, but I know I think the same sometimes, and end up being a wee bit wrong. Not saying you're as stupid as I am, though.. :p
  • LoTekK
    Offline / Send Message
    LoTekK polycounter lvl 17
    Hmm, I don't have Noscript (I just double-checked my addons and plugins lists just to be sure). I also definitely haven't installed anything in the last couple of days other than windows updates (none of which should affect my js).

In more weirdness, js has started working on youtube, and it looks like some simple js scripts work (I tried a couple links after googling "javascript test"). Gmail's AJAX interface still doesn't work (won't load at all, in fact), facebook's still borked, and I'm still lacking advanced forum functionality (in-page edit box and all that ajax goodness).

I'm quite perplexed as to what's going on... o_O

I'm running Vista, if that helps any.
  • pliang
    Offline / Send Message
    pliang polycounter lvl 17
    ...Hmm sounds something more complicated than a firewall issue.
  • Blaizer
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaizer interpolator
    RC version?

Use the old version and wait till FF3 is officially launched. You can download it the day 17 of this month.

I will install it that day, and if i see any problem, i will use FF2 or Opera 9.5 (nicer)