Home Full time/Part time work

CHARACTER RIGGER - Los Angeles

CHARACTER RIGGER

Do you possess that rare blend of art and technical talent? Do you possess intimate knowledge of the human anatomy that you can call upon to create realistic skeletal rigs? Can you create rigs accurately in a timely manner? Are you knowledgeable about the Maya API and can create tools and MEL scripts?

The Los Angeles based studio is looking for a rigger whose responsibilities will include:

• Designing and implementing efficient character rigs for the project.
• Character skinning.
• Working with MEL scripts to automate the character animation process as well as maintain rigging/animation pipeline.
• Working with 3rd party software for viewing and effecting Maya animations in the game engine (i.e. Havok).

A qualified applicant will have:

• Strong knowledge of Maya 6+.
• Strong knowledge of MEL scripting.
• Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Human anatomy knowledge as it relates to bone placement and skinning.
• Motion Capture experience a plus.
• Experience creating rigs for various creature types (biped, quadraped, bird, dragon, etc…)

This is a 4 - 6 month contract. The applicant will be asked to work full time and on-site in Los Angeles.

The rate for the position is $35 - $45+/hr based on experience with time + 1/2 for any overtime.

We work directly with the Hiring Manager on many positions, so please use me as your main point of contact by emailing me the latest version of your resume. Once received, we will call you immediately so we can go over the details of the position. We want to ensure this is the right position for you, and assuming it is a good match, we will present your resume the same day. This will ensure quick feedback through our representation.

Please send resumes to: nextgen@ascendientertainment.com