Home Digital Sketchbooks

SketchBook - Ryan Walsh - 3D @ 2Dart

Hi, im new to the site.
Name: Ryan Walsh

n730905164_1528370_8867.jpg

*I hope I can get some Constructive feedback. Im New at Modelling, but I am a intermediate 2D artist. So.. Enjoy~

bff22.jpg
ROBOTICA-804.jpg
robot.jpg
dino.jpg
1182185722596.jpg

w.i.p - Sci-fi Mercenary

mercenary.jpg

Replies

• pangarang
    Offline / Send Message
    pangarang polycounter lvl 11
    The Nazi mercenary one has my vote for the best one. Nice textures, simple stroke work without getting caught up with all the details. The robot drawings are good for what they are but I'm finding it tough to say something interesting about them. They don't grab my attention - not my thing, not enough detail, blah presentation, not sure.

The organics look like they could use a bit more work. t-rex drawing, REALLY nice around the head but as you travel down the body it gets flatter, lol. Kinda like my work, hahaha. Musculature in the creatures limbs aren't there. The tail looks like a bent pipe, not an organic form and then hands are a little clumpy.

The 3d model - I'm assuming you're going for a character that'll never be up close to the camera. Good job on the polycount, and the form is there so great job on that. But the mesh isn't optimized for deformation, especially around the joints. And there's a nasty 7 sided poly on his head.
  • Ironwolf
    Thanks for the quick reply' Im very intrested in modelling things now, never really took it serious till now, any new pointers for a beginner? =) Thank you!
  • Ironwolf