Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

2D sprite work required for nearly-finished RTS game

Hey guys,

New member here, been lurking on the forums without registration for some time now, checking stuff out and appreciating the fine work done around here. Recently I have found myself in need of artwork for my latest project.

I am a programmer, working on an independent project with just three team members. Starstrike is a realtime strategy game depicted in two dimensions, much like others you have seen like Warcraft and Command&Conquer - but with one difference: The graphics are laughable!

As I am not an artist (applying photoshop filters is the extent of my ability), I am in need of some talent. I reiterate that the work required does not involve modelling, rigging, texturing or the like. Starstrike is a 2D game and as such I require animated sprite work and static images, including units, structures, terrain tilesets and user interface (icons, buttons, readouts, window frames, etc).

The team is an independent one and we have no financial backing. As such, I cannot offer payment for work completed and I am asking for someone's free time for a pro bono contribution. In return I can only offer a credit line and a reference (for what an independent one is worth) for any future team with whom you may wish to work.

Aside from the artwork, the game is coming along very well. The game engine is complete and fully functional. Some programming work is yet to be created (two armies are playable but the AI only knows how to play as one of them; also the multiplayer mode is still in its infancy). Then there's the usual tweaking and polish before we are done. While this is being done we need someone to contribute the visual style to the game.

If anyone is at all interested (in the game or the position) you can find out more at:

http://www.starstrike.ausleague.com

A playable version of the game can be downloaded from the site and there is also a developer blog if anybody is interested in how work has come along.

The best point of contact if you'd like to know more or join the team is our forums at the website listed above. If you're fond of IRC, you can also find us on irc.austnet.org #TheAgency where visitors are always welcome!

Thanks for your time, and keep up the awesome work!