Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Wip - frog guy

Hello I'm new to these forums and heard it was a great resource for criticism. I'm currently working on this as a school project which is also a competition. We are supposed to make a character that can be put into Unreal 3 or Crytek. I was hoping for some critiques that would help me make this character great.

Ok, so the premise of this frog looking guy is that a human torso in the middle was fused to the frog with cybernetics. The human head resides behind the black plate in the chest piece. It is in rather early stages right now and was hoping for some ideas especially for the legs before I got any further. O and those are staples holding his mouth closed.

frogguyfrontside.jpg

frogguyconcept.jpg

Replies

• Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    interesting character, he looks a bit squint in the top picture front view, maybe its the placement of the eyes, they probably need to be on the sides of the head rather than central, his floppy tongue looks a little silly too :P hehe. The arms are bare, so maybe some decoration there like colouring in patches or something would be nice? I think its a good start but you could stretch the concept further.
  • BostonTea
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Okay, so I furthered my 2d concept art. I feel as though it is a little symmetrical yet, therefore I might add some things on his arms and legs like you said Ged.
    I started on something around his leg, but his arms are still bare. I think I'm going to model my base mesh and do some drawings later. Please tell me what you think. thanks.

productionsheet.jpg