Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

W.I.P creature

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
CoolBreeze polycounter lvl 17
Hey everyone here is a w.i.p creature that i'm working on. The concept was done by a friend of mine. Any critz , comments, or paint over is welcome and much appreciated. Thanks.

monster01kn3.jpg

creaturech9.jpg

Replies

• BradMyers82
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradMyers82 interpolator
    Looks really cool to me and I love the detail in the back. The hip area and upper thighs don't look right to me in either the concept or the model though. It looks like it might work from the back view, but from the front it looks off to me. I think you have really done well converting this concept to 3d so far and with just a little more work, I think it would really come together nicely.
  • Quokimbo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Although the gangley teeth are kind of scary, I think a couple of more with them all rounded inward would make me think more ZOMG he is going to eat my head!

Love the body structure!

Only other thing I could think of, it making EITHER the fins on the arms match the ones on the head OR the ones on the head match the ones on the arms. And for some reason I feel like he needs small fins on the arms.
  • PhantasmicNova
    Interesting concept.
    Looks solid, can't find any real fault so far other than the fins on his head, I'm not a fan of those bulbous tips.
  • konstruct
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    konstruct polycounter lvl 18
    super bad ass, really nice definition, but GAGH the scroll fins you got goin are sort of distracting from the coolness of this piece.
  • Cybroxide
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cybroxide polycounter lvl 17
    Really really nice work man. I think you could add some warts around the finger tips to match concept a bit better. The inner thighs could use more detail as well. Can't wait to see the head and arm protrusions when you really start to detail them. Keep it up!
  • CoolBreeze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey everyone i got a chance to jump back on this piece here are some new wip shots of it. comments crtiz and paint overs are welcome and much appreciated. Thanx :)

creaturefrontko7.jpg

creaturebackoc4.jpg
  • Spug
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spug polycounter lvl 12
    Wow, I cant stop looking at this! This is working so well, i reel like the flesh is soft, and the bone like extrusions are hard and are very alien like. Even the sack under his neck is cool, kinda like how a frog would puff It out when he feels threatened. Great stuff, Can't wait to see the textures!
  • PolyHertz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PolyHertz polycount lvl 666
    Had to bump this once I realized it was you Udel, hadn't seen any of your work for a while (maybe the military girl back at AI). Characters looking great so far, planning on texturing this one? Think Ryan or someone told me you were starting to get into that more.
  • JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    Wow,very nicw work. I likes.
  • CoolBreeze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spug: Thank Man! i can't wait to see it textured either lol. Its going to be my first texture attempt so we'll see how it goes.

PolyHertz: Hey Greg Thanks for the comment. Yea hopefully i don't ruin this with the texture lol we'll see how it goes. How bout you do you have any new work going on?

JO420: ThanKs!

Time to start the low and unwrap I'll have updates hopefully in the next two days or so. ThanKs everyone for your comments and crtiz.
  • Cody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cody polycounter lvl 15
    Looks crazy awesome! Are the fin type things going to be able to retract like those Australian lizards?

Frank.gif
  • pliang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pliang polycounter lvl 17
    Would've been cool if it had resemblance to the dilophosaurus...

2a74c694.jpg

(No copyright infringement intended)

Love the whole detail though...the skin's pretty delicate for what it is. Perhaps some interesting warts to break it up.
  • Kovac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kovac polycounter lvl 18
    Just awesome. This thing looks like it could be the more brute-like race of MoP and Tully's Atakritta.
  • seforin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seforin polycounter lvl 17
    yea dude any ideas on color schemes, shoot me a message if you want a idea or 2 for coloring this dude up, Im glad to lend a helping hand
  • Ajax
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ajax polycounter lvl 18
    Hotness, the face reminds me of that gnarly scene from the new King-Kong movie where that dude gets eaten by bugs.
  • Ancient-Pig
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ancient-Pig polycounter lvl 18
    Looks great man, the head especially

At a glance, the weight of the feet doesn't seem to match up to the rest of the proportions. Seems like they could use a little more presence...
  • Johan Carlsson
    What a relief!
    When threads says "Creature" it usually is some blobby and wierd looking Zbrush mesh. But this is awesome! Really like how you're planning his texture/skin. Can't wait to see this one done :)
  • TWilson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TWilson polycounter lvl 18
    Hey thumbs up CoolBreeze.

This one definitely looks worthy of a pose later.
  • John Warner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    John Warner polycounter lvl 18
    dude this looks awesome.
  • CoolBreeze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cody: Thanks!..I'm still thinking about that, Because the Fins are membrane that helps him see cuz he doesn't have eyes so he uses eco location. and i was thinking about haveing those fins knock into each other. And I'm sure when he is moving and running those things will move up and down so more than likely I'll have them move.

Pliang:Thanks! I was thinking of adding the skin detail in photoshop. If its better to do it in zb let me know cuz I'm not really sure which way is best. Thanks

Kovac: Thanks man!... lol i don't think I'm that skilled yet to put my creature in together with MoP's and Tully's. lol

Seforin: Right now i'm just going to follow the colors in the concept and then when its on the model I'm going to play around with the colors a bit.

Ajax: Thanks! :)

Ancient-Pig: Thanks!..... do you think that they should be bigger over all?

Johan Carlsson: Thanks!.... I can't wait to see the texture either lol.

TWilson: Thanks....Hope fully when i finish textureing him i can do a quick rig since I'm not the best at rigging and hopefully the rig will be good enough to pose and if not then transpose master here i come lol.

John_Warner: Thanks! :)

Thank you everyone for all of your comments. I didn't really expect the creature to be liked so much lol i still feel like a noob lol. But i appreciate it. Here is the low poly so far i got a chance last night to start on it. feel free to comment on the flow and efficiency of it and anything else thats wrong. Thanks again everyone!!.

lowwirebr3.jpg
  • Heathmeister
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nice zbrush work man.... fully impressed with the design and flow of the character
  • bluekangaroo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bluekangaroo polycounter lvl 13
    Looks terrific....I really like the musculature!....reminds me of a Darkstalkers type character
  • Japhir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Japhir polycounter lvl 16
    very very cool!
    what material did you use in your last highpoly shot? :P