Home Contests & Challenges Archives

FPS Weapon - Jonas

polycount sponsor
Offline / Send Message
Jonas Ronnegard polycount sponsor
hehe first competition for me fun fun..

anyway started blocking some with "bonez18b" concept as a main style. really wanted more organic forms mixed into it but i dont think i can do so much more now without making it look spacy.

BKyWwpPnQ.jpg

Replies

• ivars
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ivars polycounter lvl 15
    Beautiful! Can I see a smoothed version?
  • Jonas Ronnegard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sure ivars :) here it is in all it's glory, a little blobby at the end but i really like what im seeing ;)

CPnAIKOdH.jpg

jokes aside, im gonna block out the rest and then do the loops, maybe thats a stupid workflow hehe.
  • Sage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sage polycounter lvl 19
    Looks nice the low poly version :) the smoothed version, no comment...

Alex
  • Johan Carlsson
    This gun is gonna kick ass :P
    And yea, smoothed version looks like shit. Throw it away and redo. ;))
    J/K Can't wait to see this baby done and textured :)

(J/K = Just kidding! >.<)
  • Sage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sage polycounter lvl 19
    Johan, the smoothed version has no support edges hence why it looks terrible. It shouldn't take him more than an hour to get what he has to smooth properly.
  • Martin Henriksson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Martin Henriksson polycounter lvl 9
    I think Johan knows that since they both share the same appartment :P
  • Sage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sage polycounter lvl 19
    LOL, that will show me to open my big mouth.

Alex
  • Jonas Ronnegard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haha i was wondering what made this thread so interesting to get 4 new posts :P now i know.

Johan you know i got my own style, why be like the rest, i think im gonna stay with this, of to the lowpoly :D "crazy laughter"

should never had gone back home to my parents house in the woods over summer,, atleast i had my computer and this project i thought,, now my computer have broken down T_T "me miss school"
  • Johan Carlsson
    Hehe, I know you got your own style buddy ;P I ain't complaining. Was just making a silly joke about your highpoly ^^ I was very well aware of the things that made it look blobby. I should know by now though that joking on the net is dangerous :P

Will be interesting to see where this gun ends though :) Looking forward to seeing the highpoly done Jonas. You get that computer fixed up soonish!
  • Jonas Ronnegard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haha im always forgeting that people on the internet cant see my laughing and unserious face when i write my messages :P, hehe havent said one serious thing in this thread yet..

the whole "my own style thing" you think i have that?? in my serious mind i dont think thats a good thing at all haha >_<

hmm need to fix my comp before i can continue though T_T thought i fixed it a while back,, when my hands started breakdancing on the keyboard on the startup screen, i mysteriously locked up some uber hidden ninja meny. but now its back as it was T_T poor me hehe.
  • Jonas Ronnegard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hehe ok the computer didnt hold for long, got it working again now though if it crashes again it's of to the store with it..

giving the competition a shot anyway, have a couple of days to finish it so no excuses, enough time to finish, only my noobiness can stop me hehe.