Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Gomie

I am a student of the 3D world. Here is the first piece i would like to post in my first online sketchbook. Feedback is definitely appreciated.

HIGH POLY Trash Can model (Rendered in 3ds max)
hipoly10.jpg

LO POLY w/wires and with maps applied

lopoly10.jpg

512 MAPS used

maps10.jpg

Replies

• Terrorcouple
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nice work on the new trash can, Phil! The new diffuse looks great, but some of the rusty areas give away the seam. You may want to either make those more discreet or space them further apart so that they aren't as close to the seam. Also, you probably don't need the extra polys for the alpha, as it would look the same if the handle were casted directly onto the barrel. Lastly, the Crazybump effect on your NM is a little rough -- you could probably pull the original NM back into Crazybump and tone it down a little bit, then reapply it to the can. Keep up the good work, Phil, and I look forward to seeing more of your stuff! :)
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    nice trashcan but wow thats alot of large pictures just for one trashcan
  • Gomie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged. Thanx man. Yeah you're right, that is alot of space for just a trash can. Ill try not to post obnoxiously on future pieces.

Terrorcouple. I see what your saying about the CrazyBump seam. Ill get some XNormal shots with the revised normal map up soon. Thanx.
  • kiril0t
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kiril0t polycounter lvl 12
    its trash....,
    sorry i couldn't resist
  • Gomie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here is a concept I had drawn out recently for N.O.O.B War I. Unfortunately, I fell out early, but on the bright side I am looking forward to finishing my progress on Polycount to including this in my portfolio. Advice is greatly appreciated. I could definitely use some critiques to better the outcome.

nwi_co16.jpg
  • Gomie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged: I finally down sized those Trashcan posts. It was extremely annoying scrolling down over-sized images trash.:poly144:. The edits make it easier.
  • Gomie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just a screen shot of my progess with the highpoly details in ZBrush. Targh is my first character i'm learning in ZBrush. Can't wait to get to the details. Crits plaese!!

targh_10.jpg