Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

New to this site

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Reverenddevil polycounter lvl 9
Hey everyone, I have never posted here but decided today to sign up.
If anyone is interested in my work you can take a look here www.damienevans.com

Hope to hear and learn a thing or two from people here.

Thanks...

Replies

• Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    only thing I'd really suggest is that you take anything you created via the Luke Ahern texturing book out of there, most of your sci fi stuff looks just like the stuff he had you create in the learn to texture books.
  • jpgourley
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think everything is looking really good. I second what Dekard said about the textures made from the Ahern book. They stand out right away to anyone who knows about the book. On the technical side I get an actionscript error that pops up when I go to the home page:
    Error #2044: Unhandled skinError:. text=[IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2035: URL Not Found. URL: SkinUnderAll.swf"]

I'm using Firefox, if it'll help out. Not sure if you're already aware of this problem or not.
  • Reverenddevil
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Reverenddevil polycounter lvl 9
    Hmm, I just checked it in Firefox and don't get anything. I will get around to changing out those textures, thanks..
  • oobersli
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oobersli polycounter lvl 17
    stuff looks fine, but my biggest complaint is the way you have the popup. I personally hate viewing images with that setup. so much border with all the buttons is too complex and distracting from just looking at the actual image. I'd say just simplify your site and make it click and show.

also on the grenade render, looks like one of the normals on a poly is jacked and not smoothed like the rest.
  • stimpack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    stimpack polycounter lvl 10
    Why did you use a 1024 sheet for a grenade? or a 512 sheet for a sand bag? Just curious...
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    I'd also push the fact you've got 12 years experience in the game industry
  • TheWinterLord
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheWinterLord polycounter lvl 17
    Welcome! im trying to get a hold of Planescape: Torment, and the Baldur’s’ Gate series were awesome!