Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Portfolio Help

Hey, I'm an Aussie graduate moved to the UK.

I'm not the best at html, so the site is pretty basic.
I'm also aware that I should be expanding my artwork overall, but would like some suggestions as to what you guys think I should work over and what I should get rid of.

Thanks.

http://www.hollowicious.com

Replies

• Minimoose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i think it looks pretty nice. but I'm curious, what field are you trying to go towards? if your looking at gaming you might want to make some low poly version of what you did, and do a diffuse, specular, normal, etc... love to see wire frames of your work alongside the grays. watch your proportions. and it might be beneficial to do an anatomy study. do you use zbrush or mudbox? if not you might consider giving it a shot and see what you can get out of it.
  • danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    out of general principle, i didn't get much further than the bio written in the third person.

Where the hell did this trend come from? It's vile. They usually read like a note to get out of PE at school, pretending to be written by the person's mum. Bah. Big turn off
  • Archanex
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Archanex polycounter lvl 18
    The good news is, your work is at a consistent quality. The bad news is that you're not at a professional level yet. It looks like you're doing fine, just need a bit more practice. Keep studying your anatomy books, you'll get there. Good luck