Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Portfolio

cH_aos
polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
cH_aos polycounter lvl 17
Hello polycounters.

I would very much appreciate critiques on my online portfolio as well as the works shown on the site.

I am going to be applying as junior modeler in a game company, Thank you.

LINK : www.cprod.ca

-Alex

Replies

• DInusty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DInusty polycounter lvl 17
    a well done site. i really like the layout. more content is my crit. but the ones u have on there are so solid it is fine. nice work, i wouldn't worry about not getting a starting job and u have a good chance at getting a junior position.
  • Sage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sage polycounter lvl 19
    Very clever the little arrow thingy, nice work.

Alex
  • vahl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vahl polycounter lvl 18
    http://www.cprod.ca/images/pulse_05.jpg

I love this one, very very nice, your best piece IMO

cool portfolio, I liked the arrow thing like sage mentioned, just regret it's not on all the pieces, makes it look more like just a gimmick than a navigation feature to me.

Work a bit more on your material definition too, that seems to be lacking a bit compared to your highpoly work, which is quite good
  • okno
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You have nice work, but I have to keep scrolling to the right on my 1024 x 768
  • cH_aos
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the comments & crits!
  • BradMyers82
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradMyers82 interpolator
    The work you have on your site looks great! I do have to say that your resume needs some work though, but its really not a big deal to most employers in the game industry as far as I understand (for example, you should probably put your education last). Anyways, good work and just keep adding more content.
  • Wilex
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like your website design its clean and simple. Your work looks good altough i think you should texture your guns.

The biggest problems i see are that you don't have a major show piece and you are teetering between character and enviornment artist. I think you should push for either a character portfolio or an enviornment portfolio and complete a major piece to really showcase your skills.

Ive never seen a job listed as junior modeler its always been junior character artist or junior enviornment artist.

Good luck and keep up the good work.
  • Minos
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Minos polycounter lvl 16
    Nice work, clean and easy to navigate site. I'd make those thumbs slightly bigger though.
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    I'd ditch the splash page does nothing to add to your portfolio. On the gun: http://www.cprod.ca/images/pulse_05.jpg <-- i couldn't tell what the left image was until I looked at it for a few minutes. :D

And I missed the 'arrow' thing totally since I disable javascript, so I missed all that extra stuff completely using noscript with firefox
  • jerry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The 8 next to portfoli(o8) is not on the same hight. It looks intentional but i find it distracting.
    Edit: On second thought it might not be intentional so i will mention i am browsing with firefox.

Overall, i Like the design, nice and simple.
    I also feel the formentioned crits on the content were true. Good luck.
  • kinikuR6
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Overall very nice website. I agree with Frozan about the lack of content. Would be nice to see more. I think most studios these days have a minimum number of sample requirements.
  • Sith Happens.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sith Happens. polycounter lvl 18
    Very nice layout, very clean and easy to navigate.
    Two suggestions, first as Minotour0 said, make those thumbs larger. Its important to let the viewer know what hes clicking on, rather than doing it blindly and see if he likes what he clicked on. You want to make the interest to click, never leave it up to chance.
    Second, is your high poly work. Even tho its nice work, it wont shine to a company in its current state. You need to get finished pieces on there to illustrate that you are capable of creating the entire model from start to finish, and not just the high poly end. It also shows that you comprehend every aspect of its creation and are able to deal with any part of the production pipeline.
    Hope that helps, best of luck ;)
  • ImSlightlyBored
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ImSlightlyBored polycounter lvl 13
    Dekard wrote: »
    I'd ditch the splash page does nothing to add to your portfolio. On the gun: http://www.cprod.ca/images/pulse_05.jpg <-- i couldn't tell what the left image was until I looked at it for a few minutes. :D

And I missed the 'arrow' thing totally since I disable javascript, so I missed all that extra stuff completely using noscript with firefox
    Yeah this was the only thing that threw me
    I really liked the rest of it though, the layout was really nice to use. Maybe ditch the splash page, as nice as it is. Never seen any arrow thing either, sorry.

Oh and maybe the site is a little wide; I like the size but my resolution is quite high and it still seems to fill it nicely, so perhaps a little less size wouldnt go amiss.
  • cH_aos
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you everyone for you constructive criticism!
  • TWilson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TWilson polycounter lvl 18
    Looks good

If you click your email you have added a subject, which is "Subject". You should just take the subject part out so people can put their own.