Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Ibrahim Wahab - 3D Portfolio

Ibi
Ibi
Hey all...

As you can probably guess, I'm new here and I hope to be making some useless posts on these forums pretty soon.. :P

Anyway, I've just recently updated my webfolio... would be cool if you guys could have a wee gander at it, and let us know what ya think. Oh and please, don't hold back on the crit... heheh

www.ibrahimwahab.com

Replies

• Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    Pretty nice, If it were me I'd remove the 'firehawk' or just remove the 'space' render of it, its not really showing any of your modeling details or anything and from that angle looks like it's made of primitives. The other renders of it look pretty good but that particular angle and shot doesn't show of your model too well making it your weakest peice.
  • Wilex
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi Ibi,

Overall I liked your portfolio set up its sharp clean and it looks professional only a few gripes. I'm viewing your page at 1280x1024 resolution and your font is a little too small and is a little too hard to read because it’s so close to the color it’s on.

Here's what I thought of each piece.

Interactive kiosk
    It has no User Interface on screen. It seems like a large chunk of your UV space to have nothing interesting going on with the screen. Also you can consider doing an emissive map to add a glow effect to the lights and screen area.

Park Bench
    I think you’re wasting UV space here as well. From what I’m told about game production texture maps are under tight restrictions and I don’t think you would get this many for these types of props. I think you could overlap some of your UV's and get both of these props on to one set of 1024 maps.

Water fountain
    Same as the park bench i think you could compress your two sets of maps into one and still achieve the same results.

Firehawk, Ferrari and APC
    Your design for the Firehawk looks sharp nice renders, maybe try capturing some of that detail and putting it into a game version.

Your Ferrari doesn't look too high what’s the Tri count on it?

Your APC looks sharp, I think you should texture it. Maybe do a game version.

Royal Exchange
    Excellent detail, sharp renders. Would it be possible to make this into a modular game environment if you cut down some polys and textured it out?

Building
    This doesn't look high poly but there's no info at all on it. I say drop some poly's and make it a modular game environment it looks like its almost there all though it feels like its missing some details there's too much empty space. Maybe a second or third window style would help vary it.

Overall you have a decent showing but your game art section feels weak. It could really use a nice environment like your Royal Exchange building. Keep up the good work and good luck.
  • Ibi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ibi
    Thank you both for taking the time to look through my portfolio.

I do need to do a lot more game art work to put on the portfolio, and cosidering I have few decent high poly models, they maybe just ripe for low poly goodness.

Right now I still feel I'm polishing up on my skills with the game related work and once I feel confident with that, I'll be looking to work a decent sized environment, then maybe the title of "Environment Artist" want sound so out of place lol.. but that is my eventual goal.

Thanks again for the feedback :)
  • Sage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sage polycounter lvl 19
    I think the only problem you have right now is that you didn't texture the buildings, very important for those since you want an environment artist position, and the apc. The APC is the coolest vehicle you have there and it's not textured, you should be ashamed. :poly121 It's clear you can model now go texture those buildings and apc. Nice work. The space render of the firehawk is terrible. Light it better and render it again. I know it's space and all but the model needs to pop, it looks flat as hell in that render due to the lighting.

Alex