Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

2d artist for side scrolling platformer

Team name:
Gone Away Team

Project name:
Gone Away

Brief description:
The game Gone Away will serve as the prequel to a game I am thinking of developing. It will also serve as a sort of test, to see what the team is capable of and if I am fit to lead a project. I have no experience in game developing except for small flash games that never made it past the first couple minutes. This game will take place in a lab (unique I know)and will consist of multiple power ups that will allow one to navigate better. It will be free-rome in the style of Knytt, but will have a setting more similar to cave-story, and N inspired controls. The story too will be a big factor, with cut-scene's littered through out.

Target aim:
Freeware

Compensation:
Experience.

Technology:
Programming:
SDL
Graphics:
Photoshop, Adobe fireworks, the basic stuff
Audio:
Audio program of music designers choice, preferably ambient one capable of echo's
Program of your choosing (dream weaver, etc.)

Talent needed:
Programmers:
Lead programmer, someone whom I can communicate with to get the basic idea across. Does not need experience, but a good understanding and communication skills.
Other programmers, as many people as want to apply (I don't expect a big turnout

Graphics:
Charector Artist, a person with experience in making small, simple things look good.
Animator, responsible for animating the main character and background objects. Not as big a job as it sounds.
Background Artist, making background. Will have basic artistic freedom, except for certain story environments. Will be a screen by screen game seperated by a max of six exits (left, right, up, down, in, out)

Music:
Music designer, someone whom can mix something other than techno, mainly sound effects, but there will be music in key scene's.

Other:
Someone who can advertise and design our website once we get it up and running, and generally take control of the whole business side of things (advertising on the site, banner ads, spreading the word in forums, chat rooms etc.) Don't worry, I will pay for the domain name.

Team structure:
Me, Liam, whom is a newbie and will gladly accept help from anyone in conveying how I feel this game should be.

Aleister Bukowski - Currently lead designer

Several other people whom I am in negotiations with.

I am in the process the registering the doman www.goneawaygame.com, but I am having troubles with my credit card right now.

Contacts:
personmaker2000@yahoo.ca - Please send all email here, as my hotmail account has a junk filter and filters EVERYTHING
print45@hotmail.com - for msn use.

Previous Work by Team:
None as a team, although various members have experience.

Additional Info:
I have one concept art done for the main character. It has only the key characteristics. I will discuss what the final model will look like with the team.

http://img231.imageshack.us/my.php?image=likethis2am0.png

This also shows why I can't do any of the art