Home Contests & Challenges Archives

DWIII - graveyard

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
hawken polycounter lvl 19
Once again we have the graveyard thread, many casualties in this war. Pimp your final state, however unfinished, here.

Replies

• Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox godlike master sticky
    nia_010.jpg
    nia_kong_005.jpg

didn't want to go on and instead spend more time on Airborn...
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    man that woulda been a sweet entry :). still airborn is looking pretty good so fair dos!
  • Josh_Singh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Josh_Singh polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah Steffen, I was loving your entry! But to echo Rooster, Airborn makes me just as happy. Hey she's sort of in the style of Airborn, you could probably finish her and put her in the game.
  • Sokrat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Great job 'SEKNeox' really dig your character Nia!!
  • kary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kary polycounter lvl 18
    As per the above comments yours was looking great Neox. Lots of great stuff in that one already, but if you've got another piece coming together better it's a good idea to go after that instead :)
    _______
    VatesRenderedAndUE3.jpg

I got mine pretty close to finish a bit after DWIII ended. I spent the last week of it putting together a replacement computer, but I still would have missed the finish date by a day or three. It took longer to get semi useable normal and AO maps out then I expected, which slowed down the whole process. I learned a ton doing it though so I'm pretty happy, lots of mistakes that I'm not repeating on what I'm doing now etc.
  • Fuse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
  • Spark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spark polycounter lvl 18
    Fuse, finish this bad boy please...really think it would be a great piece.

Spark
  • Fuse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
    Thanks Spark!

It would be good to finish it but i feel a bit burned out by this character. I actually have something else on the go at the moment.. So all is not in vain..

It was a shame I wasnt able to finish, but it's a lesson learnt for next time.
  • Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox godlike master sticky
    haha fuse, i totally know that feeling :)

@kary: thats a pity, especially if it because of technical reasons. next time will be better

@josh: hm will have to change a lot to make her fit into airborn, maybe on a jungle island later on, but the kong definitely doesn't fit, to detailled, would have to repaint the whole fur to be more clean strands and way toonier proportions, but maybe i could do something different with them, any tome later, i think a longer break from a complex model is always a good thing to improve it.
    Your entry was totally awesome by the way, love the style!

@all: thanks, but i kinda missed the right vibe so i thought it was best to stop it for now, maybe i could find a project where both fit in, maybe not, future will tell.