Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WIP - Character - Assassin Creature

Replies

• Wilex
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It looks like it came out quite nicely. I can't wait to upgrade my PC to something like that my PC is like 4 years old now.

As for your baking issues i can't really think of why it would do that but i don't have much experience baking in Max. Seems like you were able to work out your issues with XNormals though. I don't see any issues, nice work.

Lets see that color map on there.
  • BradMyers82
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradMyers82 interpolator
    Wilex: I couldn't even imagine using a computer that old now a days. It must be really difficult to get stuff done. Pretty much all my extra cash goes to my computer so I am always upgrading.
    Yeah, I have been bouncing around between xnormals and max for the ambient occlusion and normals and I am pretty satisfied with the results.

Here is where the model stands now. I think I am finally ready to start working in some color for the diffuse.
    At the moment there is just normals and ambient occlusion on the model and these are all screen grabs (real time) within max. The shader I use can't take advantage of opacity maps in max 2009 so there is none currently.
    Hopefully I don't mess this model up with the color, any suggestions are very welcome.

DemonWholeNAO.jpg
  • SHEPEIRO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SHEPEIRO polycounter lvl 17
    man you make my 4 gigs feel like pooh...

nice normal map etc, hope the diffuse comes out aswell =)
  • Wilex
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well since most of your detail is handled in your AO and Normal it should be just painting flat color and maybe some grain/fiber detail for the props.
  • Cody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cody polycounter lvl 15
    looking good home skillet. the normals turned out really nice. i still see a few places you could cut some polys, but it's all good. can't wait to see the diffuse!