Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Looking for a 3d artist or a 3d model.

Hey, Im Andreas (Aka - Wrongfire) from the team bringing forth a free Naruto MMO (Naruto; Will of Fire). Its been in development for about a year and we have just finished the graphics engine.

We are a small team of around 6 (1 Programmer (The creator), 2 Audio, and 3 Artists) and are in need of some help.

This is where my request comes in. I need either a 3d artist who is into the Naruto universe. (You will be helping make this because you love the show/manga and want to create a great game.. not for money) or at the very least a simple 3d character model. (Thats really all we need right now.. We are all still learning after all)

The game is in its early pre-alpha stages, and will feature colorful graphics that follows the style of the show, Action based combat, 90% pvp gameplay, A full player economy, and hopefully one of the few fun MMO experiences out there. (Say goodbye too grinding)

Stats play very small part in the game. You can wear any armor at anytime and use any weapon as long as you can afford it. Since most armor is cosmetic it matters little.

The game is about skill not about level.

Early 3D models.

KonohaRamenrender1.jpg
KonohaRamenrender2.png
KonohastallRender.png
KonohastallRender2.png
KonohabookstoreRender2.jpg

Concept art-
ninja-coloured.jpg
resting-colored-1.jpg
Image1-2.jpg
watermarkednaruto.jpg?t=1209597572
thunderninja.jpg?t=1209597633

As you can see the graphics are simple. We only need someone who can create 3d character models right now but will gladly take anyone who wants to help us.

If you have any questions please email me at Wrongfire@hotmail.com
I will be glad to answer any question that I can.

Like I said we don't need incredible super graphics just something simple and/or stylish and that it conforms to the Naruto universe.

Thanks for taking your time to read this. Hope you will consider signing up at Narutoonline.webhop.net

FYI- This is an Indie game - We create this in our freetime, and if you join you will too. You will help us when you have time to, if your busy then we will wait. This is a very relaxed community. We aren't rushing, nor do we need to rush.

Replies

• Monochrome
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You're gonna get sued.

That is all.
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    you guys have just wasted a year working on a game that is going to get you sued.

great job

advice.. stop naruto junk now. and use what you have learned to do something else.. something not stolen from someone elses property
  • Wrongfire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Listen, we wont get sued just for making a fan-game as long as theres no profit involved. Even if the potential of a lawsuit were there, it wouldn't come to that until after a cease and desist were issued and we ignored it
    And of course there will be a disclaimer.

And yeah.. its something we will have to deal with if the game actually seems to get to the point where we know we will be releasing it.. but right now nobody knows what will happen. We may run into a glitch that halts production.. Or something like that.

And too be honest I don't care what happens here. I learned alot... Thats all the matters too me. The game could just stop now and Id be fine with it.
    So I don't think I wasted anything.

Regardless.. I thought id ask.
  • novakaine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    well if you have a working demo then you can always try setting up a meeting with the company directors and ask them to continue with the process but idk a whole lot about games but i do know that they atleast might want to see a demo which i would make before it goes online and then get it settled with the naruto company that way if you do make it multiplayer then you can probably have a sponsor for the servers and possibly alittle extra $$ but if i knew how to make models which i am learning just started yesterday but am putting most of my time towards then i would help yu guys, but good luck.
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    @Novakaine: Setting a meeting will do no good - there are already Naruto games out there. This would be IP infringement, even if it is fan mad, even if no profit is involved. They would not want to see a demo.

@Wrongfire: The idea of sticking your head in the sand until you MIGHT have to deal with it is unrealistic.

What I suggest is that you modify your work to remove any Naruto references - take what you have and run with it. Making an anime style game is fine, taking ideas is fine.
  • novakaine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    well rick they want to make a fighting style game using naruto characters which is probably against the naruto creators terms since the company owns the copyright which means if i'm not mistaken that if you use them then you would have to get the permission of the company and all that good stuff they try to fool you with that's why i said just go and try to get permission to use their characters.
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    Yes, I managed to decipher what you were saying. I know what they are doing since I read their posts.

I, however, am stating that attempting to get permission is a pointless exercise. You say you don't know a whole lot about game, however several of us do which is why we are telling them explicitly that they will get sued. We know how IP works.

If you wish to discuss this further, move it to PMs so that we do not have to clutter up this thread.
  • levin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    levin polycounter lvl 16
    this fan game has been really popular

http://naruto-arena.com/