Home General Discussion

TF2 Goldrush / Medic Update

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Striff polycounter lvl 18
Well the new update came out today. Its fun, however...Valve left the console commands in the game to unlock all the achievements. All you have to do is put in a command into the console and BAM you save yourself days of work.

I have seen developers do pretty stupid stuff...but come on Valve! Leaving dev commands in the game? Pretty laughable.

They will probably end up having to wipe everyone. There goes my 6 hours of work I put in today to get the achievements :(

Replies

• aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    lol thats hilarious. Silly valve.

I spent the evening murdering medics. Such easy prey. I got huge kills as a spy and scout.

I dont actually care all that much about all the medic achievements. Most are just too annoying to bother trying when Im not the medic type.

This shit will drive me batshit insane when my more precious classes get updates.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    I built a new gaming rig and installed TF2 just in time to update with new content. The goldrush map is a hit. I enjoy it very much. The heavy's taunts while pushing the cart are hilarious.

I haven't heard or seen anything about the dev commands. I'm sure they'll take care of it, if there is a problem. And if you knew it was an issue, and assumed they would wipe the characters, why did you spend 6 hours unlocking achievements? And why do you call it work?
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    Argh, now there are too many medics! I've been a medic since beta, back when you'd be lucky to find one medic on a server.

Noob medics make easy prey so I switched to sniper and almost got my "grey matter" achievement
  • IronHawk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IronHawk polycounter lvl 10
    Goldrush is a fun map rocked that last night as well. Even if you don't use the console commands I'm sure its just as easy to unlock the achievements in a closed game with friends.
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    i played for a few minutes this morn and got 7 unlocks. sure i'll get the 12 soon the only unlock i'm looking foreward to is the new needle gun. critskreig and the uber saw don't sound that apealing
  • Tumerboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tumerboy polycounter lvl 17
    ya, a bunch of us spent last night farming achievements on the PopCap server. I feel dirty. . . but I'll get over it.
  • Striff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I didn't know the console command existed until I was done playing last night =(
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    aye there are too many, sure it will die down though in a few days.. i hate to say it I'm considering using the ol console command..
    i bought my game, I'll do what I want with it (so long as VAC is cool with me :p)
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    i don't understand why so much attention is being placed on the achievements, but i just play for fun. i guess it's about bragging rights. some people earn their achievements through skill, others are just pricks. i'm hoping Valve wipes them.

yesterday while playing on the companie's public server, it went crazy. we assumed one of our players had hacked the server and changed all the settings. today i'm told it was do to the dev commands being exported, but now Valve has taken care of that. game on!
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    nothing to do with bragging rights as far as I'm concerned, I want to try out the new toys without jumping through a bunch of arbritrary hoops. have you seen some of those achievments? I'm never going to get them all even if I played for 3 hours every night for a month
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    if the achievements were fun and easy to get, I wouldnt have cheated. Instead they want all this random shit that would never happen without me choreographing it with both teams.
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i got 10 of them just regular playing, pretty sure i'll unlock the first wep today after work. i'm not going to use any console commands, but i'm not above using cheez tactics to get a couple of them.
  • Striff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Valve wiped all 17 of the legit achievements I got last night! Even worse all my friends that used the console command did NOT have their achievements cleared!

WTF Valve, get your shit together. Stupid stupid stupid.
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    yea, I just checked. All the achievements I got by cheating are gone. The others are still there.

so basically, I got to try it out for a night.
  • Tumerboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tumerboy polycounter lvl 17
    I didn't use the cheat, but a bunch of us farmed a bunch of achievements last night in a staged map. My achievements are still there.
  • Ryno
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ryno polycounter lvl 18
    I was wondering why half of the people playing this morning were medics, when there are usually just a couple. This really screwed up the balance of things, and I wish they had unlocked several classes at the same time to maintain balance. It was just whacky playing today, as the entire opposing team was composed of medics and heavies hoping to capitalize on the wealth of health support.
  • Waz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Waz polycounter lvl 17
    Last night I had fun trying for the achievements. Then this morning I learned about the console command and then tried out the new weapons. Had more fun without the cheat and earning the achievements. The crit uber is kinda fun but I still prefer the regular one. The new needle gun and bone saw are great though. Goldrush is a really neat map, a little too sniper friendly though.
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    true its a good sniper map, but it has so many flanking oportunities I found myself surprising a lot of snipers focussed on another area.. good times!
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Love Gold Rush, not so sure about the medic feels a bit over powered now. The pyro is back to being useless. I'm starting to get back into Demo again, loving it, good times.
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    pyro with the medics new crit gun is fun tho :D
  • Ryno
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ryno polycounter lvl 18
    Just give me back the TFC pyro flame rockets that blind snipers and heavies, and I'll be happy.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I would love the upgrade for the pyro to be flame rockets...

I'll have to see if I can find a way to team up with a ubber medic, that could be amazing. I loved the pyro/medic combo before they turned the pyro into a joke. Maybe that could bring back some of the fun...

In the mean time...
    20070921.jpg
  • Striff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i got the kritzkreig unlocked yesterday before leaving work, went home loged in,, all my medic achs were gone... come back to work today, login.. all gone.. total bullshits
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i got a server up 8.2.121.152:27015 password doctorteeth you guys can use to farm if you want. if you get an idiot on send me an im on aim "thunt ea" and i can boot them from remote
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey wrote: »
    i got the kritzkreig unlocked yesterday before leaving work, went home loged in,, all my medic achs were gone... come back to work today, login.. all gone.. total bullshits

That...

...sucks.

But awesome news about the server.
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yeah vig,, and justin got a bunch of achievs with me.. and he still has all his,, i'm totaly pissing in his office chair this weekend when he's not here
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    when he's not here
    But that takes away half the fun...
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    he took away the fun when he started scotchguarding his clothes and wearing swim goggles to work
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i issued a complaint about the missing achievements,, then 2 hours later logged in.. and i had them all!! but one.. i'm getting it now....

hope they don't take them away again
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sweet got this email from Robin Walker at valve today

Hi.
    Yesterday, we reset your Medic achievements because we mistakenly believed you had hacked around the system to get them. Today we discovered a bug in our code that resulted in you being incorrectly flagged as cheating. As a result, I'm emailing you to apologize for our error, and to let you know that we've decided to award you the full set of Medic achievements.
    Have fun with the Ubersaw,

valve is the best!!