Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Jeff_M's Prop Thread

Hello everyone, my name is Jeff and I'm currently attending the Art Institute of California - Orange County focusing on Environments and Props. I need some critiques on some props that I would like to get to portfolio quality.

First one is an Antique Camera, based off of numerous Kodak and Rochester Camera Models

Camera_Texture_Render_02.jpg
Camera_Texture_Render_03.jpg
Camera_Texture_Render_04.jpg

Second is an Accordion... the old cameras reminded me of one so I thought it would be interesting to model it.

Accordian_Tx_Render_02.jpg
Accordian_Tx_Render_03.jpg

Thank you for looking and any feedback would be much appreciated.

Replies

• Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    hmm... accordion looks like it is made out of marble
  • Jeff_M
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sectaurs wrote: »
    hmm... accordion looks like it is made out of marble

I wasn't sure what type of trim to put on it, my ref image made it look like marble. Should I dumb down the marble pattern or change it completely? For sure I'll be adding some stickers or some kind of brand on it as the pattern is pretty static.

Thanks
  • DInusty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DInusty polycounter lvl 17
    i agree that the texture on the accordion looks a little marble like. i would also say, are u just making these for skill gain? or to make for a game? if just for skill i would res up your textures. no one is limiting you. make it pretty thats all that matters for personal work imo.
  • Keg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Keg polycounter lvl 18
    Camera is looking nice, just missing that extra push to really make it shine. The metal could maybe do with a little reflection map to it. Also the specular looks lacking a little.

I don't think higher res textures are really needed.