Home General Discussion

Ipod Touch works with 360??

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Parnell polycounter lvl 18
So i got an Ipod Touch for my birfday.
My friend swore to me that the Touch works with the 360 to play music through...and guess what it doesn't...or at least I'm too stupid to get it to work.
Anyone here get their Ipod Touch to work with the 360??

Thanks!
B

Replies

• bounchfx
    are you plugging it in via the USB slot on the 360? then going to 'music' in the dashboard, then picking 'External Device' or whatever? I think there might be a new button called 'change input device' or some crap (at least for video, not sure about music) that you should check
  • Mister Sentient
    Offline / Send Message
    Mister Sentient polycounter lvl 18
    I heard rumours of the Iphone working as a remote for the PS3 but not the IPod Touch with a 360. The IPod Touch doesn't function like a normal USB storage device.
  • pior
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Maybe your friend was referring to music stored as raw data on the pod's drive, as opposed to music synched from a maintained library?
  • Keg
    Offline / Send Message
    Keg polycounter lvl 18
    Apparently the new ipod's do not allow access to it in drive mode which in turn could allow for firmware access and such.

You can try the ipod media download available on xbox live marketplace (I think?) but from the quick google search I just did, you are just out of luck in that department it seems.
  • Parnell
    Offline / Send Message
    Parnell polycounter lvl 18
    Hi guys,
    I just spoke with my friend and he said the marketplace download as Keg mentioned is what he uses. I'll give it a go
    *fingers crossed*
    B