Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WIP: Female Warlock (nudity)

Hey there,

This is just a work-in-progress of a female form I'm building in MAX for use in future projects. I started from a box using Sub-D modeling with MAX. I could have just re-used a hand or foot but wanted to really experience modeling everything from scratch. I purposely didn't make her too skinny...was trying to capture a 'soft' look which I'll refine in Z-Brush.

Next step will be to add some more props and get her looking like an interesting character. Looking forward to eet.

Tanks!

Dan

Female_Persp1.jpgFemale_Persp2.jpg
Female_Persp3.jpg
Female_Rear.jpgFemale_Persp4.jpg

Replies

• RustyFranks
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RustyFranks polycounter lvl 17
    her hips scare me :poly115::poly115::poly115: i dunno if it's the shadows or just the stylized proportions but.... they do scare me :poly107:
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    looks good to me, yeah the stomach, pelvis, hips area could be less flat and more feminine the sillouette is alright its just in depth and volume, like if you showed us a profile maybe? Her back also looks very very straight rather than natural and curved.
  • Dan Burke
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys, thanks for the quick replies. Always good to have feedback!

Rusty...ah yeah...she's hippy..just how I likes 'em, but the lighting perhaps is a bit dramatic for a WIP...I'll submit some more...erhm..sober lighting and some wireframes. I actually made the hips smaller from what I had hehe. I was trying to avoid a female model with really skinny hips...and I guess it's somewhat personal preference...assuming I am not annihilating the anatomy in some noobish way.

Ged...yah..I need to upload a profile eh...and the back does need some love...was gonna do most of my detail in Z...but I could certainly check that curvature and make sure it's helping the model.

One thing is, like Shakira, her hips don't lie (just the odd fib here and there) hehe.
  • RustyFranks
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RustyFranks polycounter lvl 17
    hehe i suck at anatomy so i can't really crit anything lol.

i'd hit it though.... i'd just be a bit scared that's all :poly105::poly104:
  • GsKanible
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The physique doesnt look bad, the only thing I would suggest / agree on is Ged's suggestion to give her a more natural arch to her back, as well as letting the shoulders rest a little lower. the width of her hips seem okay but her stomach should pertrude a bit just between the bellybutton and crotch (natrual buldge there due to your bladder)
  • Dan Burke
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You all make good points, and I agree with pretty much all of them, though I don't find her hips too scary hehe...some revisions are coming soon.

I had her lower belly a bit more rounded before...then I flattened it..but I think yer right, in renders it will look better with more roundness under the belly button...gonna see if I can dial that in some more. The shoulders probably could hang more naturally too....good call.

Thanks for the feedback!
  • clee101
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    clee101 polycounter lvl 18
    I think you should post up some raw viewport shots of her without all the distracting lights and sub-d for now. Post some wireframes too of the low poly base. I would definitly look closely at some good reference for the anatomy and structure. But go ahead and flesh out the rest of her props and clothing before u take her into zbrush.
  • Dan Burke
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah good idea Clee101, I'll be showing some more views of with less 'dramatic' lighting and some wireframes too. I'm gonna revisit the anatomy too based on some comments here and just go over it in general. Mainly the back is a bit flat right now and needs some love.

Thanks for the crits...updates coming this week.