Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WIP JW - Demo Reel Part 02

Yes it's part two, part one I'll post on here too (soon), it seems I'm bringing them both up roughly at the same time.

Part two, is a Hangar/Diner type scene, It'll have both interior and exterior showing. The Hangar (as i simply call it) has a mountain on one side, and other than the runway it has a giant wall surrounding it that is meant to keep people in and/or out of the area.

My inspiration mainly came from "S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Chernobyl" PC video game, and so i want this scene to have a dark/realistic look, it will (hopefully) have the effect as if it can be thrown into the game of "STALKER" with no adjustments.

I looked at the buildings in game and decided to build some kind of industrial area, which eventually turned into a hangar. But i was bored with just a hangar as an idea, so i made it part diner as well. I'm currently recreating guns for the scene, have a plane for the runway that i have to fix up a little and if i have time i have a truck in mind that i think would go really well into the scene. (currently concepting the truck's idea)

There's lots of glass (which will be broken), catwalks inside the garage area, broken tables/bottles in the diner. I'll try to turn the scene into a battleground type look with turning over the diner tables into more of a defensive wall full of bullet holes, broken doors, and just trash the place as much as i can.

So far i have nothing UV'd, no textures done for this scene and still lots of work to do on it for modeling. Currently I'm a couple days behind my schedule so expect big updates soon enough.

One last thing, been thinking about the cameras, so i threw in some colorful ones for all of you to see what I'm thinking.

In this order (always to change I'm sure)
Red To look at the entire side of the Hangar/Diner and view the field of this area.
Yellow To look through the diner
Green Probably be beside or on top of the plane, than move forwards past the plane towards the hangar going to the back wall.
pink one I'm thinking to turn it into two, one is to be in focus of the last shot the green one did and refocus to the door (bottom floor) where it will be placed, than to move it back to the focus of the two outside windows. This is where the second camera will go but it will be focused on the top floor to enter the window and roam across the catwalk.

I got some advice which was to improve my handgun and add missiles to my plane. As well to create some sort of baggage carrier or little vehicle for the runway. I will add more polys to the handgun, i will add some sort of missile and/or gun to the plane and for the little vehicle, I'm not sure if i need to or not though thinking about it. Thanks.

planekr0.th.jpg
gunsfp2.th.jpg
perspectivegk0.th.jpg
topviewcameraspp3.th.jpg

Update: Images in ImageShack

Replies