Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Jaco

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Jaco polycounter lvl 17
I'm forcing myself to do less talking and more sculpting, so here we go:

FemaleSculpt.jpg

HeadSculpt1.jpg

The woman started life as a zsphere, took about 40 minutes. The head is from a box, also just under an hour.

I'm trying to improve, so crits/suggestions/help/paintovers are welcome!

Replies

• pangarang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pangarang polycounter lvl 11
    I just wanna start by saying I think these are really well sculpted models in general.

There are some areas that don't quite work for me though. The breasts are perfect if you're going for a character who's gotten her boobs done. But if you were going for something more natural, I think they're leaning a little too much towards melons as opposed to the natural teardrop shape, especially since her face looks like more of a mature woman than a self conscious teenager.

Also the lower part of the forearms (the wrist area) is looking just a bit stumpy and stick straight. Just need a subtle curve in there to show the shape of the bones under the skin, nothing too dramatic.

The part that sticks out to me the most though is the hips. This one's a little harder to explain so I'll just do a paintover.

jorshkp3.jpg

Now I'm no anatomy expert, but I'm pretty confident my paintover more or less captures what i'm trying to get across.

As for the head, I think the nose, eyes, and lips look pretty ace. The bridge of the nose however might be abit too wide. And since ears are just fancy flaps of skin and cartilage growing out the sides of our heads, I'm not sure that the back of the ears should connect to the skull like that. Also the cleft in the chin isn't looking quite like a cleft to me yet. It looks like a brush mark - but I'm sure you're still working on this.

But yes, very quite nice work overall. Colour me impressed.
  • Jaco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jaco polycounter lvl 17
    Thanks pangarang , much appreciated and a great crit!
    I'm not sure what I was trying to do with that head, it's not meant to be realistic though, I should've mentioned that.

Here's a quick one, about 10 min:

10minHead1.jpg
  • Jaco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jaco polycounter lvl 17
    uhm.jpg

Uhm. Was a bit drunk when I did this one.
  • conte
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    conte polycounter lvl 18
    that last is very cool!
  • Jaco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jaco polycounter lvl 17
    THE DRUGS MADE ME DO IT!!

TittyHead.jpg
    TittyHead-1.jpg

Needs a bra helmet...
  • Rens
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • JR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JR polycounter lvl 15
    Last image is pretty cool!
  • xysdf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    xysdf polycounter lvl 11
    drugs work pretty good for you ;) ... cool stuff jaco!
  • Jaco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jaco polycounter lvl 17
    Gonna start doing more of these again, here's one I've already posted in the Speed Model Thread:

Thing.jpg
    Thing2.jpg