Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

DOOM3 WarCraft 3 Map

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
SuPa- polycounter lvl 11
I just decided to make an interactive environment model for WC3, with a DOOM 3 Theme, to see how it'd work, and I need some suggestions for stuff to put into it to make it fancy
All I have now is the basic shape and such
By the way, the top area (Above where that wrecked stair-way type thing is) will be unaccessible, and is just there for a scene
DOOM3PinkySceneWIPSS2.jpg
DOOM3PinkySceneWIPSS3.jpg
DOOM3PinkySceneWIPSS4.jpg

Replies

• SuPa-
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SuPa- polycounter lvl 11
  • Joopson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joopson quad damage
    wow, this site is very conservative about what to comment on, haha.

i like it, and i like the idea.... maybe add a bent vent-grate thing with an arm trying to ply it open... (of course the arm is now body-less, and is just limp sitting there...)

maybe have a window that, when you look through it, shows a few corpses on the ground...

just a few dumb ideas, haha

its very nice so far, though!
    -Andy
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    As far as blocking out the level its a good start. But you need to think modularly and design pieces that tile. Not only tile the textures but the pieces themselves. For example if are going to make a hallway, you would make a chunk and copy/instance it a few times to turn it into long hallway.

If you make a few T or Y junctions that plug into those hallway pieces you'll only have to create a few blocks but can arrange them in new ways to fill out a level. It also helps save on resources =)

For rooms you can make a few floor and wall tiles and then build a few uniques to spice things up.
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    yeah interesting idea, I agree with vig, more modular design might help. I was also wondering how this would work in the game, what size would a player character be? would they be able to navigate without getting stuck in doors or on sharp corners?
  • SuPa-
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SuPa- polycounter lvl 11
    Thanks for the ideas, guys :)
    An arm poking out somewhere would be good I guess. I was thinking maybe the fan vent (It's hard to identify it as a vent right now, because the propeller is going to be an alpha'd plane) It's the boxy thing with the pipes going to it
    Yeah, some people over at GA recommended I re-make it and pre-UV map certain pieces then duplicate those like you guys said. I'll see how that works out