Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Looking for anything I can get, basically

Looking for anyone who's capable in the areas of:
- concept art
- CG video/animation
- modding (specifically Crysis or any other engine that meets the needs below)

I'm in the process of speccing out and designing a full concept-to-execution plan of a game idea I've had for pitching to a studio, I'm at the juncture where I either have to pay someone to create some demo art or a CG-virtualisation of what I think the game would look like or to create a short demo that showcases some of the gameplay mechanics for a pick-up to develop into the full game.

In short, I need an engine (for the full game) that has the following attributes:
- First Person shooter
- Large scale environments (where freeroaming is not only capable but encouraged)
- Urban environments
- Driving components
- Any kind of inventory management (however minimal) that could be extended
- Could incorporate other RPG elements, side-games and so on

I believe Crysis nails some of these elements though it's light on the RPG/Urban environment side. Basically what could work would be a Total Conversion of Crysis into an environment that resembles Mafia or Max Payne, but basically that's a HELL of a lot of work for something that's just in my head. My aim is to recreate one section of the game, a self-contained level, that demonstrates some of the key ingame factors.

Elsewise I'd like to work with someone who has the creative ability to represent the game mechanics, mostly through some sort of CG-virtualisation/animation - though concept art's always an option, but it's definitely not the first choice on my list.

Titanic task? Mammoth expectations? I appreciate any responses.

Replies

• Agent911
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Howdy.

As much as we'd all like it to be the case, you can't pitch a concept to a studio to get a project running. If you're an independent developer (like me) the only way to realise a game is to pitch a nearly finished product to a publisher to demonstrate to them
    that you are capable of shipping a game yourself. You need to do what I've done: Get together a small team of independent developers (mostly you'll need a programmer and someone capable in the visual style you want to use; either a 2D sprite artist or a 3D modeller) who will work for free in their spare time. You need to get the game to a playable, if incomplete, stage so that the publisher can see you can and will complete the project.

Right now I'm trying to bring a 2D sprite artist on board for my project (a 2D RTS game) and it's much harder to find someone than I expected.

Regardless, you need to get a small independent team together before anyone will show any interest. Any fool can come up with a concept; you need to have something you can sell.